cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP/RFC session has been deleted following timeout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sirs,

we are getting this error message in our SM21, on a server running internal ITS where everythings seems to function quite well. Does this error message require any actions? According to the details it looks like a quite normal warning, but I would like to get some input from the community on this issue.

From transaction SM21

08:00:00 host DIA 000 100 USER Program_ R2G HTTP/RFC session has been deleted following timeout

Documentation for system log message R2G :

In the standard system there is no timeout for RFC servers. When the first remote function call is made, the RFC is connected and logged on to. and when the RFC connection is closed, the RFC server is deleted. You can activate an explicit timeout for RFC servers for an existing RFC connection using the function module

TH_SET_AUTO_LOGOUT.

If within the time specified no further RFC calls are made, the RFC server is deleted. If the RFC client then sends a further call to the server, this is sent back with an error code.

regards,

Joe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

athavanraja
Active Contributor

This is normal, whenever a connection is made to the backend from browser of from RFC clients, it will create a connection type http/rfc. (check by connecting to backend from browser and check in txn sm04) if the program which connected to the sysem , doesnt explicitly close the connection, the system will delete it automatically after the session_time oout paramter.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raja,

so I do not need to take any action elimate these messages.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes you are right.

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Radja,

In our case, we get the same message, but the WEB client, we get the message "The page cannot be displayed".

Could this mean that we may have a network problem? I understand this could also be a reason why the client may not give the server an explising end-of-sesssion request.

What do you think?

thanks,

Julio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Julio,

There must be parameter which controls HTTP/RFC. I would like to know that parameter. If the this error comes with large number in SRM or any other system, can we realy ignore it or must find the solution.

Regards,

Krushna

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you really want to stop those messages in SM21, see Note 1240156.

I'd be interested if anybody can tell me how to lower the timeout from 60 minutes?

jonathon_sells3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the note. It sounds promissing. It says that the issue affects SAP_BASIS 7.00, which we have. However I am uncertain if I should apply the note.

Here is why: The note says.

The parameter is provided in the following patch levels:

7.00: not yet available

7.01: not yet available

This confuses me. Why would they say that?

Another problem, the patch is available as a kernel release, version SP174. The note only list 32 bit versions. We have the x64 bit Windows Kernel.

I'll keep an eye on the note hoping they update it soon.

Thanks

Jon Sells

Former Member
0 Kudos

They probably updated that note, now there is stated ... The parameter is provided in the following patch levels:7.00: 174 7.01: 11 which are levels of the kernel you should have in use, also 32 and 64 bit kernels are currently mentioned within the note, so go ahead ...

Edited by: M. Mickal on May 13, 2010 1:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We are facing the same issue on the SRM4.0 system where the timeout happens when the SRM consultants are working on the shopping cart and they face difficulties submitting it

The SM21 entry is created with th following message

Tcod MNo Text

BBPG R2G HTTP/RFC session has been deleted following timeout

Documentation for system log message R2 G :

In the standard system there is no timeout for RFC servers. When the

first remote function call is made, the RFC is connected and logged

on to. and when the RFC connection is closed, the RFC server is deleted.

You can activate an explicit timeout for RFC servers

for an existing RFC connection using the function module

TH_SET_AUTO_LOGOUT.

If within the time specified no further RFC calls are made, the

RFC server is deleted. If the RFC client then sends a further call to

the server, this is sent back with an error code.

What is the resolution for this?

Regards

Dixie

jonathon_sells3
Participant
0 Kudos

Does anybody know which session_time out parameter you need to change?

Thanks

Jon