Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with mail adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an idoc to email scenario.

The email is to be triggered, in case of an error in one of the idoc field values.

The email, is being triggered successfully as seen in sxi_monitor. But, the receiver mail adapter is failing(as seen in adapter monitoring).

The error as seen in adapter monitoring:

<b>error occured: [2006-10-03T12:34:02Z] unable to call the mailer; com.sap.aii.messaging.srt.BubbleException: Failed to call the endpoint [null "null"]; nested exception caused by: java.io.IOException: server not responding OK to MAIL FROM; 501 5.5.4 Invalid Address</b>

This is not an issue with the address specified, because, there are other interfaces which are using the same adapter to send mails successfully.

MDT(Messaging system) specifies error as GENERAL_ERROR.

Any hints?

Thanks,

Smitha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>error occured: [2006-10-03T12:34:02Z] unable to call the mailer; com.sap.aii.messaging.srt.BubbleException: Failed to call the endpoint [null "null"]; nested exception caused by: java.io.IOException: server not responding OK to MAIL FROM; 501 5.5.4 Invalid Address

maybe other scenairos fill it ?

for example maybe you use mail package

(which fills address)

with other scenarios and with this one not?

check how other scenarios work

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured the adapter with the help of your blog <a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/07/mail-adapter-xi--how-to-implement-dynamic-mail-address

All the scenarios use the same generic mail adapter.

It works for the other scenarios.

I have compared the mappings that are used too.. but I am clueless.

In MDT(Messaging System), the error is specified as GENERAL_ERROR.

Regards,

Smitha.

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Smitha,

Why don't you check the connection settings.

Regards.

Praveen

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>> MDT(Messaging System), the error is specified as GENERAL_ERROR.

then maybe you need to ask some General about it?

or at least a Colonel? ))

but frankly saying there must be a difference

it it works in once case and doesn't in the

other don't you agree? so all you need to do

it is to find it

Regards,

michal

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Smitha,

Check out the email ID that you are using to send out the mail. I mean is both To and From email ID's are valid? From your post above I assume that other scenarios are working fine with the same Receiver communication channel. Also try creating a new CC and see if that works.

Thanks,

Prakash

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smitha,

==>Try to give a valid from address and check out the scenario.

==>Check if your To address really exists.

==>If you are using any MessageTransformBean/PayloadSwap bean check if the payload is proper.

==>If you are sending any attachments check if your mail server supports such attachments/attachments with that size.

==>If you are using mail Package check the payload and see whether all the required fields have come out of mapping. (High Priority )

Regrds,

Sundar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smitha,

A wild guess :).. Could it be possible that for this particular scenario alone, the MIME extension from the content is not supported by ur SMTP server?

cheers,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Will experiment with all your inputs and get back.

Thanks,

Smitha.

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Smitha,

Have a look at Michal's blog:-

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/23/xi-html-e-mails-from-the-receiver-mail-adapter

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/07/mail-adapter-xi--how-to-implement-dynamic-mail-address

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Praveen