Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION error

deepnain_kundra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created an application in Web Dynpro, and on "Deploy New Archive and run" I get the portal screen as having checked the Authentication Type checkbox while creating the Application. After putting the username and password I gets the error as follows:

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=serpdev GROUP=SPACE R3NAME=SED MSSERV=sapmsSED PCS=1 ERROR service 'sapmsSED' unknown TIME Tue Oct 3 06:13:28 2006 RELEASE 700 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 38 RC -3 MODULE niuxi.c LINE 1725 DETAIL NiPGetServByName2: service 'sapmsSED' not found SYSTEM CALL getservbyname_r COUNTER 1

at com.sap.mw.jco.MiddlewareJRfc.generateJCoException(MiddlewareJRfc.java:456)

at com.sap.mw.jco.MiddlewareJRfc$Client.connect(MiddlewareJRfc.java:922)

at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Client.connect(JCO.java:3171)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.mdi.DataProvider.<init>(DataProvider.java:90)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.mdi.DataProvider.<init>(DataProvider.java:122)

... 62 more

I too have made the entry in the service file of Local Machine as : sapms<SID> 3600/tcp and press enter and then saved it and re-started the J2EE cluster.

Also to test for Message Server, I move to SAP Logon screen, I then click on Groups and then have put the SID and Message Server and then clicked on Generate List button and then a group as "SPACE" came in the Groups box.

I have also tested the JCo Connection which too are running.

Now I don't know where else to do settings to resolve this error page.

Is there any authorization is to be given or something else I had left like RFC User, etc?

Please give me the solution for the above problem.

Regards

Deep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deep,

I am having same kind of error.

To solve 102 RFC Errror, do we need to change this parameter in which server ? is it on EP server or R/3 box or ob both servers do i need to add these 2 entries.

Please could you clarify this?

Peter

deepnain_kundra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Put on both the servers i.e. on EP Server and R/3 Server. If it doesn't help you, then try to put in your local machine too. As I am on some other site, so cannot verify about the local mahine.

Regards

Deep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

See this help

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/f6/daea401675752ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

<a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f3f93ee7-0c01-0010-2593-d7c28b5377c2">Adaptive RFC- Troubleshooting Guide</a>

<a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/526bd490-0201-0010-038e-d3ff7eb1d16e">HOW TO USE THE WEB DYNPRO CONTENT ADMINISTRATOR.</a>

Kind Regards

Mukesh

deepnain_kundra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

I have read the url's but in second one on pg-7, for Solution point no-2, regarding SAPPCADM what to do?

Regards

Deep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

See the Thread

Kind Regards

Mukesh

deepnain_kundra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

There is some problem with the JCo Connection as when I test it, gives the error as below:

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=serpdev GROUP=SPACE R3NAME=SED MSSERV=sapmsSED PCS=1 ERROR service 'sapmsSED' unknown TIME Wed Oct 4 01:14:47 2006 RELEASE 700 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 38 RC -3 MODULE niuxi.c LINE 1725 DETAIL NiPGetServByName2: service 'sapmsSED' not found SYSTEM CALL getservbyname_r COUNTER 1

Please tell me what to do now?

Regards

Deep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Make an entry in

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\services

<MSGSERVERNAME> <port>/tcp

Kind Regards

Mukesh

deepnain_kundra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

I have already added this entry in my local machine. Also this entry already exists in R/3 System. May be some other setting left. Can u help me.

Regards

Deep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you check the connection with other Bapi?

Check the Bapi you are using is RFC enabled.

Try this

Kind Regards

Mukesh

deepnain_kundra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

Thanks for ur response but I have also created JCo Connection as the same way the url you had given. Also the bapi is remote enabled. I am using "BAPI_AR_ACC_GETSTATEMENT" bapi.

I think there must some setting problem, can u help me out.

Regards

Deep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have import the Bapi and run the application without problem

Are you able to test the jco Connection sucessfully in the

Content Administrator ->JCO Connections ->Test Connection

Kind Regards

Mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can go through what Mani said contentAdminstrator and webdynpro and maintainJCODestinations there u can find ur JCO destination names.

There u fing the name of the JCO and status.

If it is in red color it has some problems Otherwise if it is Green then u can go test button press that u can find success message.

Otherwise compare any of ur's JCO Name which u have get the success message. I mean to say any of ur old Successed JCO and compare the preview of both.

it might helps ,otherwise post ur issues.

Thanks

Lohi.

deepnain_kundra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

I told u already that Test Connection is giving the error as follows:

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=serpdev GROUP=SPACE R3NAME=SED MSSERV=sapmsSED PCS=1 ERROR service 'sapmsSED' unknown TIME Wed Oct 4 01:14:47 2006 RELEASE 700 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 38 RC -3 MODULE niuxi.c LINE 1725 DETAIL NiPGetServByName2: service 'sapmsSED' not found SYSTEM CALL getservbyname_r COUNTER 1

Now what to do to make the connection successful.

Regards

Deep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the SLD Configuration

See this thread

Kind Regards

Mukesh

deepnain_kundra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done the settings as follows that created New Technical System, in SLD. Also configured SLD Data Provider in Visual Administration and gets the test connection as success.

Someone told me who has nw04 with 6.40 that in SLD there is Administration -> Server Settings. And he told me to do settings there under Server Settings. But I don't have this link "Server Settings" under Administration link as may be as I have nw04s with 7.00.

So can you help me what settings has to be done w.r.t. it and where.

Regards

Deep

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi deep,

I got the same exception but i solved.

In my case I used uername and password to connect R/3. While creating JCO destination my Group is public.

My administrator made my username under public group then its worked fine.

But your Group is SPACE ask your administrator to put your username under the SPACE group.

check this link too:

Regards, Suresh KB

deepnain_kundra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Thanks for your reply.

In the SAP Logon, I got the SPACE as in groups when clicking on "Generate List" button. Also when I configured SLD, there too I got the "SPACE" group.

But where and how should I put my username under the SPACE group.

Can you tell me.

Regards

Deep

deepnain_kundra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for ur reply. Can u please tell me how I can add the username under the SPACE group.

Regards

Deep

deepnain_kundra
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to All,

I have solved the problem. The issue is in hosts file i.e. in /etc/hosts file. The entries has to put i.e.

<portno> <hostname_of_EP>

<portno> <hostname_of_R/3>

in both R/3 and EP Server.

Regards

Deep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Deep ,

Can you tell me .. is it necessary to restart server physically after changing /etc/host file .

Please reply,

Urjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

No need to restart the server.

Thanks

Lohi.

deepnain_kundra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Urjit,

No, there is no need to restart the server.

Regards

Deep