cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attn: Michal and Shabarish!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to implement a scenario with sync RFC to Sync SOAP using BPM.

RFC <- -> BPM <- -> SOAP

How do I implemnt this scenario, cause if I am not mistaken the first receive step in the BPM can only be asynchronous.

<b>Also when I declare container variables in BPM, it lets me choose only from async interface and does not display synch interfaces. So iam only able to create container variables of abstract asynch type.</b>

Guys here's why I want to use BPM:

I am implementing a scenario wherein:

1) Data is passed from R/3 to xi and then to a web server.

2) From webserver the updated data is sent back to xi.

3) A particular field is boolean checked in XI, if true the data is sent back to webserver.

4) and then again the updated data is sent back to r/3 via xi.

R/3 ---> XI ---> Web Server ---> XI -(If condition true)-> Web Server ---> XI ---> R/3

R/3 ---> XI ---> Web Server ---> XI -(If condition false)-> XI ---> R/3

Start > Receive (Async) > Send (Sync) > Send (Sync. This step only if boolean true) > Send (Async) > Stop.

Also i am using BPM because I am implementing double mapping, i.e Message1>Message2>Message3.

Regards,

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>How do I implemnt this scenario, cause if I am not mistaken the first receive step in the BPM can only be asynchronous.

use the bridge in the first receive step as I said and

close the bridge in the last (RFC) send step

refere to (no need for async message you can have two sync):

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/65d4dab39b0398e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

>>>>Also when I declare container variables in BPM, it lets me choose only from async interface and does not display synch

create an abstract sync and use it in the

transformation step only (can you choose one oever there?)

Regards,

michal

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually, I think the synchronous abstract interface will be used in the Sync Send step.

It's true you will need this Synchronous Abstract Interface but you won't need to create a container to it. But you will also need two asynchronous interfaces (one for the request and one for the response) and for those you'll have to create the containers. Then, in the Sync Send step, just refer the synchronous interface (no container) and both containers (refering async interfaces).

Regards,

Henrique.

Answers (0)