cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inter iView Connectivity : MDM SP4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm working with EP Business Package for MDM SP4. The requirement is to integrate the functionality of MDM iViews with Web Dynpro iViews. This can be done through client side eventing ( EPCF ) and I read in MDM SP4 feature list that, this connectivity is provided.

But, I'm not able to find any documents on the events being trigerred by MDM iViews. If anyone has tried or have some idea please do tell me.

Thanks & Regards,

Mausam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Your posts covered the topic how events can be send from MDM-iViews to non MDM-iViews. This is one direction of connectivity; do you have any solution how to implement the other direction and send events from non MDM-iViews to MDM-iViews?

Best Regards

Robert

former_member183733
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have created a blog in sdn for this.

See: <a href="http:///people/steffen.ulmer/blog/2006/10/05/extending-mdm-55-business-package-functionality-with-web-dynpro-for-java-using-epcf">Extending MDM 5.5 Business Package Functionality with Web Dynpro Using EPCF</a>

Hope this helps.

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Steffen and Laszlo,

Sorry for the late raply as I was off SDN for a while.

Well, thanks a lot for providing that useful information. Now, I think I can go ahead with the application we are planning to develop with MDM Business Package contents and Web Dynpro.

@Laszlo: I read that you have done UWL integration with MDM workflow. Does it give all the functionality that you can do from MDM Data Manager? Like Approve, Send to Next Step etc.

Regards,

Mausam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mausam,

please check the blog <a href="/people/community.user/blog/2006/10/20/integrating-universal-worklist-in-sap-master-data-management Universal Worklist in SAP Master Data Management</a>, it is related to the MDM 5.5 SP4 patch1 UWL Workflow questions.

Regards.

Laszlo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mausam,

related to your question posted earlier "Does it give all the functionality that you can do from MDM Data Manager? Like Approve, Send to Next Step etc." I would say there is already a proven solution (last 48 hours ... with 4 colleagues), certainly not part of the current standard SAP MDM 5.5 SP04 patch1 shipment. Probably it will be planned in other release - it is too early to say or to do anything.

Hi Robert,

the above <a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/771f1a61-0e01-0010-daa9-93a52905da09">document</a> in chapter "Step 4 – Integrate UWL with MDM iViews" describes how the MDM iView ResultSet is called passing the parameter taskId. This will give you an idea how to use it.

regards.

Laszlo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laszlo,

Thanks a lot. Thanks for showing keen interest in this issue.

I will have to try all these but unfortunately I'm still struggling with the system setup and all. Will keep the thread updated once I get the chance to play with UWL and MDM Contents.

Thanks and Regards,

Mausam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laszlo,

Thanks for the very useful information. I'm able to see workflow items for the specified user in UWL IView.

You've sugessted that Events of the workflow is not covered in this version of Business Package. So, is there any other way to do events on the MDM workflow task items like Approve, Send to Next Step? Because as far as I know MDM Java APIs doesnt give that functionality.

Regards,

Mausam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mausam,

related to Eventing, please review .

Related to Approve, Send to Next Step is not yet enabled in UWL MDM 5.5 SP4 patch1, so far it works with a beta version, probably will be shipped for SP5 (I cannot tell you about planning ...)

The MDM Java APIs does give that functionality ! Any Next Step visible in Data Managager can be executed using the Java APIs - but be careful, not all WF can be executed on Portal UI. I hope this will be clarified if the feature will be officially available.

regards.

Laszlo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laszlo,

I'm following your How to guide for integrating UWL with MDM Workflow. There it is mentioned about configuration file for MDM will already be available in the current configuration contents. But, I'm not able to see it in my Portal. I registered the System and I'm able to see Workflow contents in UWL. Is there anything that I need to change to view that file?

It will be helpful if someone can paste the content of that file.

Regards,

Mausam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mausam,

please confirm: the suggested steps from chapter Support of the How to guide were applied.

Does it work now ? Is the mdm config visible in UWL Content

Configuration ?

If there is still no result (e.g. the mdm config still not visible in

UWL Content Configuration), then most probably this is a wrong

deployment issue on NW04s that will be fixed in SP4 patch3.

Please proceed with the following workaround:

1. locate the com.sap.mdm.uwl.par file in the installation folder of

Portal, e.g.

\usr\sap\<sysID>\JC<instanceNo>\j2ee\cluster\server<cluster>\apps\sap.

com\irj\servlet_jsp\irj\root\WEB-INF\deployment\pcd\com.sap.mdm.uwl.par.

bak

2. open the zipped com.sap.mdm.uwl.par.bak file (e.g. using WinZip or

WinRar), and extract the file uwl_mdm.xml to your local PC.

3. logon to portal with Admin access, and navigate to System

Administration -> System Configuration -> Universal Worklist & Workflow

-> Universal Worklist - Administration -> Click to Administrate Item

Types and View Definitions -> Upload new configuration -> then Upload

the xml file from the step 2 above.

4. restart the com.sap.netweaver.uwl services and clear the UWL cache

(as described in the above referenced article).

Does it work now ? Is the mdm config visible in UWL Content

Configuration ?

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

Laszlo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

This blog is very helpful and this is exactly what I want to implement. But I am facing a strange issue with the business package iView. I have created the resultset iView with all the required columsn and it seems working just fine. How ever, when I add a custom event as expalined (I am making sure that I save the event as well as the iView), the new colum(from which the event can be triggered) is not shown. I enable Auto-Fire on Row Select but even then the event is not getting triggered. Is there a problem with the business package that I am using?

Sudheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mausam,

here is the info:

<b>How to configure the MDM iViews for EPCF / EPCM client side eventing</b>

Using the keyword EPCF, I searched the document https://support.sap.com/installmdm -> MDM 5.5 SP04 Enterprise Portal Content, and I found in chapter "1.8 Result Set" sub-chapter "iView Editor" how to set the the event name and the namespace of the target (receiver).

<b>How to use WebDynpro for EPCF / EPCM client side eventing</b>

e.g. NW04 EP SP14 at System Administration -> Support -> Web Dynpro Test Tools -> Portal Eventing. This page shows eventing for WebDynpro and non-WebDynpro too.

<b>How to find out non-documented information related to EPCF / EPCM framework in EP content</b>

e.g. NW04 EP SP14 at System Administration -> Support -> Client Framework -> SPOCKI, Client Framework Inspector. Enter the link to e.g. WebDynpo and/or MDM iView, then all client framework info is visible including all parameters of eventing.

Does this help ?

Thank you.

Regards.

Laszlo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Laszlo:

It is for the first timeI heard and saw the tool,"SPOCKI

com.sap.portal.epcf.loader.Spocki", after you mentioned

in the forum.

I tried to dig in to it, what it does, how to do it, etc.

but could not get my hands around it.

Will you please take little more trouble, to explain it's

working a bit ?

Thanks a lot,

Prasad Nutalapati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

about portal eventing there is information <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/43/21bb2885750bd5e10000000a422035/content.htm">here</a>.

Did you get the chance to find and to use the spocki tool in your Portal ? What specific troubles did you experience when you tried to use it e.g. to "debug" the Eventing on your portal page using the MDM iViews ?

regards.

Laszlo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When trying to use the SPOCKI tool, various things like..

a). What to do as first step.

b). How to link the javascript on the page to SPOCKI

C). How to particularly focus on piece of code.

d). What each tab and button on the SPOCKI tool does

etc..

These are some of the simple questions.

These look like trivial, until you spend reasonable time

on the tool trying to play with it. But people who are

familiar with it can make things little easier for the

rest of us.

Prasad