Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM with 2 receive steps

Steven_UM
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I want to create a BPM which can be used for 2 different IDOCS - they are both being mapped towards the same XML flavour and then send out ...

I created a "ForEach" step with 2 branches , put necessary branches to "1" and defined a receive step in each branch representing the receival of a particular IDOC.

This all works but for some reason the receive steps demands me to "Use a correlation" and to "Activate a correlation" ... Both options have a red question mark and there is no way I can get ridd of those question marks ...

I am not interested at all in correlation ... I just want to kick off the bpm for any of the 2 idocs and map them accordingly ...

I was thinking about creating a correlation on SAP IDOC number just to have it its way but I am not sure whether it is intended like this ...

Regards,

Steven

Message was edited by: Steven De Saeger

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

a correlation is required. try to give the correlation based on a unique field in the IDoc.

Ref checklist - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/6d/94364296f1b26be10000000a155106/content.htm

More on correlation - /people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/24/do-you-like-to-understand-147correlation148-in-xi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Steven,

As you have multiple Recieve Steps inside the BPM, <b>you need to have a Correlation.</b>

Make the correlation on the Basis of the IDOC control record, like the Sender Partner Name, or Reciver Partner Name and so on. The values of these fields should be the same in both the IDOC's.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why are you using BPM? That's a waste of resources. in your case scenario without bpm would be much better.

regards,

wojtek