cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service call exception with Web service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we changed tonight the interface of the web service I use in the web dynpro as model. So I deleted the old model and created a new model (under the same name) importing WSDL file.

The WSDL was created via XI which is the interface to a SAP R/3 system, calling in the end a RFC function module.

Now I get this error message:

<b>Service call exception; nested exception is: com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.exceptions.XmlUnmarshalException: XML Deserialization Error. The content with schema type [http://trw.com/uta][/wsdl:definitions/wsdl:types/xsd:schema/xsd:complexType[1]/xsd:sequence/xsd:element[1]/xsd:complexType/xsd:sequence/xsd:element/xsd:complexType/xsd:sequence/xsd:element[9]/xsd:simpleType] is not valid.</b>

The error occurs while executing wdContext.currentWebServiceElement().modelObject().execute(); command to get data from R/3 (via XI). What I can see in XI protocol is that the data comes back from the R/3 function module. But in web dynpro I get this error.

When no data are found there is no error executing command wdContext.currentWebServiceElement().modelObject().execute();

What to do in this case?

regards

Frank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved!

One of the fields in interface of the R/3 function module interface was changed from length 2 to 18. The adjustment in XI was missing and in the end the web dynpro runtime raised this error.

Nevertehless it is always very hard to find out the cause of such problems.