cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How modify a ms word document in web dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a Web Dynpro that shows a .doc document with the OfficeControl but I would like to modify the document before showing. How can I do it?

The document have several fields that I have to replace with the corresponding values.

I have seen in Office 2003 you can save the document as a .xml and make the changes in that way but we have Office 2002.

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Checkout the Folllowing Links:

/people/anilkumar.vippagunta2/blog/2007/02/01/office-control-in-webdynpro--i

/people/anilkumar.vippagunta2/blog/2007/02/04/office-control-in-webdynpro-ii

There is an example provided for the same

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing a similar situation.

I have NWDS04s version, 7.7.07, but I am <b>still not able to see the expertMode property</b> for the office control UI element.

Are there any SAP notes related to this, or any other Patch that i need to install?

Thanx in advance,

Alka.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you use NW2004, there is no expertMode. But I'm not sure whether expertMode could help you.

What's your use case?

Kind Regards

Stefanie

Former Member
0 Kudos

I use NW2004 and, as you say, there isn't expertMode. I don't know if with the expertMode I can modify the document from the source code but I think the only way is using 3rd party libraries (like Yakarta project), isn't it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you try the expert mode and the methods of IF_IOS_DOCUMENT? See http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/8e/128b41b4b3b55fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Regards, Heidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heidi,

Thank you for your answer.

I'm using web dynpro for java (I forgot to say that) and that link references to web dynpro for abap. It says the interfaces are implemented in java too, but the expert mode doesn't appear in the properties of the view designer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for WDJ, see http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/5d/a0b16a9d2e4e4d8b2322af6728263f/frameset.htm and the information in Using Office Control.

Regards, Heidi