cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable/disable a screen field in Service desk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

As what i can see from other modules like HR, the config to <b>enable/disable</b> a screen field for a standard transaction can be done via <b>SPRO</b>. Im wondering in Service Desk, do SolMan. provides the same option?

Basically i have requirements like:

1. To <b>disable</b> a field like eg "Product ID" from service desk message screen.

2. Need to <b>add</b> in a new field into the service desk message screen.If this option can only be done via Screen Exit, could you pls comment the exit/BAdi name?

Please comment.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We used a transaction variant to hide fields we don't use. 'SHD0'. A tip will save you some time is that the recording of the transaction can take a long time if you don't default the correct transaction type. For this, read below thread to default 'SLFN' transaction type before creating the transaction variant.

good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Jung, I followed your tips and suggestion for using Trans. Variant to SLFN Trx., but it did´nt work. when I call the Trx. variant from the Sap Command system issue the error : Transaction does no exist.

I tryied to activate it to anywhere but I didn´t find any check or bottom to do it, maybe there is a missing step, could you give me some hints about it???

Note: I followed all steps described into Help.sap for Trx. Variant but i think it is noy complete. I ´m working on Sol Man 4.0 and trying to set up some default values for SLFN.

thanks in advance

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can make use of this BADI

<b>DNO_EVENT_SAVE</b>, I solved a similar problem, by making use of this.

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ragu,

We would you like to add new fields on service desk message screen just below subject field.

I have tried using BADI DNO_EVENT_SAVE and created an implementation and not sure how to proceed further.

Could you please help on this one.

Regards,

Chapala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raguraman

I have to implement the BADI "DNO_EVENT_SAVE" . I have created an implementation for the same ,as it is a filter dependent BADI i have provided the

filter for my implementation too.

But my issue is i am not able to get control to my BADI Method ,i have refered to Note 571782 .This essentially says about making some changes to some FMs & Class method .

Please tell me if i am required to make those changes in my system to make the BADi working.

Regards

Ajitabh