cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SolMan 4.0 Install fails at Configure System Landscape Directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are installing Solution Manager 4.0 on AIX 5.2 and DB2 8.2.4. At step 56 (Configure System Landscape Directory phase) the install fails with the following error:

TYPE=A<BR>STATE=503<BR>INFO_SHORT=Error connecting to

http://sapibm7:50100/ctc/ConfigServlet?param=com.sap.ctc.util.SLDConfig;IMPORT_SLD_CONTENT;FILENAME=.... The provided user data might be incorrect or user might be locked. <BR>CONFIGURATION=

The user J2EE_ADMIN can logon to via the gui to client 001 without errors.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

0 Kudos

Hi,

to resolve this error just update the correct username and password combination in the secure store with the configtool.

Also ensure that the password is not initial. If the user has to change his password on the next logon this error will also occur.

Kind regards,

Bastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone describe me the steps of importing SLD content manually?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

The error message is a bit misleading. Actually, the problem is with the server0 process, which does not cleanly come-up, but looks like it is running (server0.out log in the work area) owing to insufficient Heap memory. Using configtool, changed the Heap memory for the server instance from 890MB to 1.5Gb ( as suggest by the pre-check installation notes). Stopped and started the installation instance to pick up the new memory changes, and then restarted the sapinst process. This then finished cleanly. The SLD part of the phase took as afew hours.

Best of luck.

Stan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Seems this is a typical problem with SAP J2EE /AddIn Installations (I had this often!!). The user is created in the J2EE user store but because his password is initial, the J2EE engine would not let him in. As I remember the installation tries to log on with user SLDDSUSER (or so, something with SLD...), so log on on to the J2EE Engine with this user (e.g http://<hostname>:<port>/useradmin) and you will be prompted to that your password is initial (also do this with user J2EE_ADMIN, always good idea to see that J2EE Engine works correctly). In most cases the configuration of the SLD will continue.

If this doesn't work, cancel the installation and configure the SLD manually (is no problem, because at that point of the installation procedure, the system is fully installed, except the SLD configuration).

Hopes this helps.

Regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam

We are having a really bad situation. We are installing Sol Mgr 4.0 (700) on AS400 and DB2. It kept on failing at the step you mentioned, so we skipped the SLD and installed it by pointing to a different SLD. Now, we are trying to setup the SLD in this Sol Mgr box. We have tried with different parameters by increasing the timeout values, etc but every time it has failed after maybe importing 80,000 (max) objects from CR_Content which has 95000 objects. It runs for more than 8-10 hours every time and the SYSTEM(machine) goes down (I don't know why) wiping the log along with it. Do you know of anybody who has installed Sol Mgr ( or SLD) on AS400 and how long does it take to import CR_Content? The Delta files have 135,000 objects in it, and I am wondering whether the Delta file objects need to be imported if ever importing CR_Content objects go through.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bobbi

We ended up importing the SLD content manually, and then skipping that step.

You can import the content by logging onto the SLD and in one of the menu option click on import content, and then point it to /usr/sap/SOL/SYS/global/sld/model/CR_Content.zip.

Once the content is imported successfully (it took us approx 4-5 hours), you can search the file keydb.xml file (which is found in your install directory) for the word ERROR. This should take you to the step that failed, and then you can replace ERROR with OK and continue your install.

Thanks

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sam,

My installation is stuck at "Configure System landscape directory" in

"create SLDDSUSER"....

Can you help me briefing the steps required to import SLD content

manually?

Thanks,

Satyajit

bobbidonna_boyd
Explorer
0 Kudos

Did you ever get an answer to this question? I am having the same issue on AIX 5.3 and Oracle 10.2.0.2.

Thanks

Bobbi