Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

WebAS J2EE Version

hi all,

Could anyone tell me what version of J2EE is our NetWeaver 2004 and 2004s WebAS Java Stack based on?

pl. don't mistake me. I'm not looking for JVM on which WebAS runs on.

I just wanted to know what version of Struts and EJBs are supported in WebAS 04 and 04s.

Thanks

Arun.

replied

Hi Arun,

Struts is not a specification, but an open source framework provided by the apache foundation. That framework must be run on top of J2EE server.

The latest released Struts versions are 1.3.x. They are making use of servlets 2.3, JSP 1.2 and JVM 1.4. That is the minimum requirement from the server. Servlet 2.3, JSP 1.2 are part of J2EE 1.3 that the servers are covering. In addition the Netweaver servers can be launched with JVM 1.4 so the minimum requirements for running Struts 1.3.x are met.

You can check the Struts page for the server requirements:

<a href="http://struts.apache.org/announce.html">Struts doc</a>. You can double check as well in their forums to be sure.

There is Struts 2.0 but it is still under development. Perhaps the released version of Struts 2.0 will require in the future more from the server that will not be possible with Netweaver 2004 and 2004s.

However since all existing J2EE specifications are already covered in the Java EE 5 Edition of SAP NetWeaver Application Server, that should not be an issue.

HTH

Peter

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question