cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDC Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

One of my customer was asking me this regarding to their implementation of MDM landscape...

Based on what we have seen in the XI repository depending on the target MDC-system a specific CREMAS version is used.

The MDM configuration guide talks about mappings like "CremdmCremdm03ToMDMBusinesspartner" for 4.6 MDCs and "CremdmCremdm04ToMDMBusinesspartner" for 4.7 MDCs

So the questions are:

What in case the MDCs are using

a) earlier CREMAS versions (which is definitly the case for SRS-systems => sending CREMAS01 to Fusion). Do the MDCs need to change their custominzing - need to switch the format or do we need to adjust XI-content?

b) IDOC extensions are used (that is probably a more theoretical case) - same question.

Thanks if you can give me some answer...

Regards

Dawei

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dawei,

In general, both scenarios require enhancements on the MDC, the XI and the MDS.

If you look at the master guide it states that MDM 3.0 supports R/3 releases 4.6C and higher, which means CREMDM03 and higher. Earlier versions, 4.0B to 4.6B, can be supported on a project basis but SAP Development must be involved.

As for your second question. If IDOCs are extended and this data is relevant for MDM, then there are a series of enhancements that must be made in the MDC, the XI and the MDS. The document "Extending The Business Partner in MDM 3.0" is available at http://service.sap.com/instguides -> SAPNetWeaver -> Release 04 -> Installation -> SAP MDM and provides step by step instructions to do this.

Hope this helps!

Richard