cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security for SOA and Web Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dipak Chopra's 09 Dec 04 "Security for SOA and Web Services" piece has been a terrific starter for me as I start to delve into this topic. Does SAP/the SDN plan to publish an SAP-specific roadmap to show the adherence to and adoption of these standards in NetWeaver? (Or maybe there is such a published roadmap that I am unaware of?)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Randy

SAP follows and participates in Security and other Web services standards very closely as we recognize the opportunity they present our customers for developing solutions and integrating systems faster at lower cost.

However many of the standards are still in development and so are not quite yet ready for "prime time". This means that we can't really publish a "road map" as it would be continually changing. However, if you want an idea on which standards SAP thinks are important, please take a look at this presentation [1] which was delivered at the last Tech Ed.

David

[1] https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/documents/a1-8-4/the impact of industry standards on sap netweaver.pdf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

Answers (0)