cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert is not triggered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am testing a very simple BPM which triggers an alert for a mapping failure. This simple BPM was working when we were on SP14. We recently migrated to SP16, since then I am not able to see any mails in my inbox. Nor am I able to see in Alert Logs. I guess I donot see ant BPE activity at all.

But when I tried to trigger an alert with a success condition I can see the alert in my inbox.

So, in crux I am able to recieve an alert for a success condition and not so lucky with an error condition.

Any pointers is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Chakri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chakri,

Have a look into SAP note- 913858

it has many steps to look into this matter.

<i> I guess I donot see ant BPE activity at all.</i>

Do you mean to say BPM is not working ? Are you not able to BPM details in the runtime. i.e go to SXMB_MONI->PE->Technical Details etc

regards,

moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

Thanks for your reply.

I meant that I do not see any log in SLG1 for this Integration Process to find out what went wrong.

Am going over the note.

Thanks,

-Chakri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I went over the notes specified by Moorthy, and by running the LOG report, I found the following message.

"Alert Category S15_FILE_BPM in rule S15_ALRT_BPM_RULE not yet confirmed. Skip creation of new Alert."

I am not sure what it meant, and hence not able to solve the problem. Any pointers in solving the problem is appreciated.

Thanks,

-Chakri

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to Transaction <b>ALRTDISP</b> to display all alerts of your category, check their status and delete the ones which are not confirmed.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

Thanks for your reply.

I do not have any messages which are in UnConfirmed status, but all of the messages I have are in Delivered status. I went ahead and deleted those messages too but no success in recieving the alert on a mapping error.

I went over the Note you mentioned, one of packages of the note says "synchronous message processing or on an application system". But since I am testing a Asynchronous message processing will this patch help me.

Thanks again for your help.

-Chakri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anybody share pointers please.

Thanks,

-Chakri

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually the error tells me that , ALert is disappered because of time out problems. SO for that, go to ALRTDISP and try to do as I told.

But one more thing, also check all other options of SAP note with Report is alert is triggered or not etc.. check this.

this blog may help u-

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide

Regards,

moorthy