cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do we need TREX or not?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are doing an SRM 4.0 installation with CCM. It looks like CCM requires TREX 6.1, but TREX doesn't run on iSeries - Windows, Unix, Linux. Also found documents that say TREX is required for KM on Portal 6.0. Does anyone have experience with the CCM or KM and TREX dependencies? If we load one TREX could it be used for both CCM and KM? I'm sad that this will mess up my otherwise totally iSeries installs.

TIA,

Margie Teppo

Perrigo Company

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Margie,

You'll TREX it for any document searches. I think you can have a single instance of TREX index multiple sources, although we have not tried that yet. My understanding is that TREX will never run on OS/400. We run it on Wintel now, but will consider moving it to an IXS or a Linux LPAR sometime in the future. That doesn't really solve the multiple platform issue since you still have to have expertise in multiple OSes, but should simplify backup and recovery.

HTH,

Stan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Margie and Stan,

One instance of TREX can support multiple source systems, like DEV, QAS, and TST - as we are using it now. And it could implement both types of interfaces, RFC and http, to support different applications, like E-recruit and Portal, at the same time - according to SAP consultant.

The new redbook mentioned the Linux LPAR for TREX in the sample landscape chart as I remember. So it should work.

Thank you,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have 4 EP 6.0 running on iSeries and 2 TREX running on Windows. 3 of those EP connected to a TREX, because they are categorized as Dev, Test and Sandbox. One of EP connected to one TREX, because they are categorized as Prod. So far, they are working fine.

The setting is inside the Virtual Administration and has to be done in every instance's (existing central and dialog instances) service.

Best Regards,

Agoes