How do we enhance data types

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can add any fields,segments into data types directly.

But if you are palnning to customize the SAP delivered object(SRM content, CRM etc), then it is advisable to create all corresponding objects into different SWCV and proceed further.

Also , you can refer this-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/a8/bfc6373c8fea43bdb3541535bcbd43/content.htm

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sriram,

If you want Data type enhancement to SAP delivered data type then you have to create another software component version (SWCV) with a dependency on SAP-delivered SWCV --> Then import your SWCV in IR --> In the new SWCV in IR, you should see a "Basis" folder, which will contain all the objects from the original SAP-delivered SWCV. --> Double-click on the object you wish to modify and clikc on "change". If will warn you of making changes to the SWCV. Proceed with your changes. --> Once activated, you will have a new version with the mods without changing the original one. It is indicated by a special icon for the object.

I hope this answers your questions. Go through the urls which may help you:

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi satish

Thank you for u'r message. It helps, but my problem is once i created the data types,saved and activated it and i tried to edit it, its not possible.

can you please help me

Thank

sriram