cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to strip few lines in the response what I am getting thru an HTTP. I understood that to do this I need a java Mapping.

Can some one help me out how to do a Java Mapping? Should I need to install NWDS for that? A walk-thru would definitely help me a lot.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Need to have an IDE such as NETWEAVWER DEVELOPER STUDIO installed on your system.

Once this is done these are the steps you need to follow to write the program and to be able to use it in the directory:

1. Write your java program--

You need the libraries aii_map_api.jar and inqmyxml.jar.

You can use SAX or DOM for navigating through the source XML and creating the target XML.

2. Create Jar file--

After compiling your program, you have to create a jar file.

The content of the jar file have to be all classes and libraries you need for the mapping program to run.

3.Load the JAR file into the IR--

Go to the Integration Repository. Under your Software Component and Namespace you create a new Mapping Object ‘Imported Archive’. Inside this object you upload the jar file.

4.Attach Java mapping to an interface mapping--

Create a new Mapping Object ‘Interface Mapping’, chose the interfaces you want to map.

To attach the Mapping to the request or response, use ‘value help’ and chose ‘Java Class’.

Chose the Java Class with the corresponding mapping. After saving and activating the change list, you will be able to use the Mapping in the Integration Directory.

Some very good blogs are available right here to help you out

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/29/java-mapping-part-i

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/29/java-mapping-part-ii

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/29/java-mapping-part-iii

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/12/14/sending-java-code-as-payload-to-do-mapping-in-xi

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jenni,

Very good explanation, Thank you.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For Java Mappings per se, you don't need NWDS necessarily. If you already have other Eclipse version installed, you can use it normally. I've never tried, but NetBeans and any other Java IDE would work in the same way.

You'll just need to create a class which implements a specific interface which has two pre-determined methods.

You'll need Mapping API which can be found on your XI machine (just search for aii_map_api.jar on the XI installation directory).

Check these links for further reference:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/e2/e13fcd80fe47768df001a558ed10b6/frameset.htm

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/29/java-mapping-part-ii

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does any one have the Sample Tutor or Demo program for the Java Mapping. Would you please send it to

kbjenni@hotmail.com

Thanks.

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the blog above.

It has a sample Java mapping.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

/people/divya.vidyanandanprabhu/blog/2005/06/28/converting-xml-to-pdf-using-xi

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/04/globalcontainer--in-graphical-mapping-xi

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm a bit lost here.

You're answering yourself???

😛

Henrique.