cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Copy Steps needed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Can someone please send me the step by step system copy for homegeneous and heterogeneous, that the steps was written by one of you guys. SAP Steps is complicated to understand since they are mixing with all the OS and Databases.

This is what I am trying to currently:

Homegenous System Copy:

Source Running:

Windows 2003 Servcer

Oracle 9i, with Netweaver AS

Target:

Windows 2003, Oracle 9i, with Netweavcer AS.

I was reading the SAP notes, but in teh middle I get lost due their mix and match with all the database and OS.

if anyone has their own SYSTEM copy step by step procedue. Can you please send those to my email at subramks@gmail.com

Please send with all the system copy, heterogenous and homegenous. I going to try both.

Thanks In Adance.

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

have u got the steps or answer if not then let me know...

Thanks

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you don't have to try both procedures...win2k and win2k3 ar regarded as homogeneous in terms of a system copy!

-> use sapinst in order to export your source database (sap must be down, db up!)

-> you will need approx. 15-25% space compared to the source system (eg. source has 100 gb, export will be around 15-25 gb)

-> transport the exported data to the target system (or use a shared device where

both systems have access)

-> install rdbms oracle 9i on the target system

-> use sapinst again on the target system in order to install the central instance

-> be sure to install the right version: unicode or non-unicode (depends on the source)

-> have the solution manager key at hand

-> go through the installation process

-> when finished with the CI move further on with sapinst in order to install the database instance

-> when asked (abap systems -> database) choose option <b>standard system copy/migration (r3load-based)</b> (or similar...)

-> this will be the <b>first sap system in the database</b> when it comes to mcod

-> be sure to have the passwords from the source systems (sapr3, ddic)

-> follow the instructions...

<b>important: be sure to use the export directory as the source of your db export/import - not the export cds!!!</b>

if any problems occur, plz let us know..maybe we could be of any help

GreetZ, AH.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello thanks for info about the system, please can u help me, the post installation procedure after system copy , like printers, RFC etc...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

Yes, we also are wondering about all the post-procedure steps the system copy talks about. The main unknowns is do you redo the transport system by deleting it and recreating it? Also, processes that need to be run to clean up the old server references, etc. We run SQL server and I have documented and tested the backup/restore methods, running some SQL queries to clean up some things, etc, but we are stumped on the post-processes. The guide has you run through a bunch of transactions but they dont elaborate on how/what to reconfigure for transports, printers, and memory parameter settings for the new system. Any thoughts on this?

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

post processing (a glimpse...)

-> SE06 (objects have to be moved to the new sid)

-> STMS (initialize tms)

-> sm28/sick (any errors?)

-> SE38 -> RSBTCDEL/RSBTCDEL2 (delete old job logs)

-> SE12 (consistency check TemSe incl. deleting unreachable objects)

-> SPAD (consistency check incl. assigning new server)

-> SPAM (implement latest SPAM)

-> install latest kernel (download from SAPNet)

-> SLIC (install license; hardware key through saplicense -get)

-> on database level delete tables (such as ALCONSEG, ALSYSTEMS, MONI, PAHI etc. - depends on the db system)

-> RZ04 (maintain operating modes)

-> RZ10 (import profiles by -> utulities -> import profiles -> of active servers) + maintain profiles

-> SGEN ("generate all objects...")

-> implement database backup procedures (!!)

-> if you are on oracle: maintain OPS$ mechanism (see sapnote 400.241)

-> if you are using any interfaces (such as business connector etc.) then re-implement them

this is just a short overview and the list must be seen as an initial starting point...add activities in case it's not complete...

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason King - did you go to CSUC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Here's the simplest procedure, valid if sapinst is used and if you have some experience with SAP system installation:

1. Stop the SAP system to be copied

2. Launch sapinst to export the database

3. Transfer the export directory to the destination server

4. Install the copy with sapinst, option system copy instead of standard installation.

Kind regards,

Christophe