cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in product display

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a question about changing the material views in SRM.

As you know there is a field for showing the backend system name when you display the materials on SRM. We want that this field is changed based on our specifications. This field normally displays the name of the backend system, but it is not so meaningful for the users. What we want is to display more meaningful text for this field.

Is it possible to conditionally change the display of the fields on material views?

Thanks,

Emre

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you mean to say that you need to change the o/p list for the product search in EBP and specifically the LOGICAL SYSTEM field?

BR,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To change the O/P List,you will need to change the structure shlp-fielddescr.

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for helpful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

Yes, we want to change especially the LOGICAL SYSTEM field in the result set of the Product Search. What do you mean by O/P?

We want to display the Logical System field in a more user-friendly way. Actually instead of the real system name, we want to display the name of the country where the backend is located. In this way the users of EBP will be able to understand easily from which country the related product comes from.

Thanks,

Emre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By O/P ,i meant Output.Have you modified the Std product search Exit "BBP_F4IF_SHLP_EXIT_PRODUCT_GEN"?

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

We did not modify the standard product search exit yet. We did not start with the development of such customizations. We are in the technical design phase, where we want to be sure that our solution will be applicable on SRM.

As I understood it IS possible to change the standard product search exit such that the standard LOGICAL SYSTEM NAME can be displayed in a different way.

Thanks once more

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To change the std display you will either have to modify the std search help exit or make a copy of that include your changes.

But this can be done and surely will make the product search more user freindly.

If you need any further help ,pls let me know.

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is good answer for us.

One more question about Product Search: is it also possible to add other fields to make the search? What I mean is that we also want to search the products by using an additional field. There are default fields for the search engine. Is it possible to add more fields for the search engine?

Thanks,

Emre

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a similar problem.Is there any solutin which you can provide urgently.