cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ess customization - validation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to customize ESS screens thru developer studio.

Now i face a small pblm which i'm jz not able to solve.

In a component named esszapdata, i find that a button,

say "Review Button", meant for updating all the fields of a view in this component is present in nother view of nother component named ess~per.

So it's like the component per is a used-dc in pdata, and when the user inputs data thru portal, he actually does it in pdata, but when he hits the review button, he does that in per.

Now the action for the Review button invokes an FPM method - "raiseReviewAndSaveEvent". After this i got no clue about where this fpm is taking the control to..........

The raiseReviewAndSaveEvent by itself does some screen validations, displays contextAttribute error messages

(i've scanned the entire code in both the components, views, controllers n wat not, but i cud not find any reportContextAttributeException()

nor any MISSING_INPUT messages in message pools)

and finally it takes the control to a pdata-controller where an rfc is executed, and then it leads to another view in pdata.

My requirement is to add some more validations to the existing ones, but got no idea where to add the code for the same.

Any help is appreciated.....

Aneesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aneesh,

I am working on EP7.0 NW04s and ERP 05 and have a similar requirement where I have to make the Social Security Number field mandatory in the Family Members Detailed Screen ...I want to knnow wheres the code written for making FirstName and LastName mandatory on the same screen....

Looking forward to your reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aneesh,

You need to subscribe to this IFPM.EVENT_REVIEW and in the Event Controller, write your validation code.

Regards.

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aneesh,

I am having the same requiremnt. Could you please let me know, how you solved this?

I am working in ESS country specific addresses iviews under personal inforamtion.

Now when I click on Review button, few model attritubutes like com01, com02, ..., should be filled with constant values. So How can I do that?

Moreover, let me know where can I find this review button and its corresponding event handler method? I mean, in which web dynpro component does this iview containing rieview button is available, as I could not find this review button in 'Detailview' of 'VcPerAddressXXDetal'.

XX - represents country code.

Thanks & Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Raj

the review button cud b found in another component named something like ess....per, which will have the buttons alone in the views.

U can add the validations dat r needed b4 review in a method called 'isConsistent' in the component controller of the actual component. Trigger the default code inside this method only if ur conditions r met.

for setting the static values, hardcode these/set the values to the corresponding backend attributes - in the beginning of the method that takes care of the rfc execution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aneesh,

I need to put some validations in my ESS application. I am working Personal Information -> Addresses. Now 'c/o' field in addresses for different countries has to be edited. It should be a mandatory field.

Now, I changed its state to 'required' in its properties and also implemented few lines of code in isConsistent method of the component controller.

The code snip... is as follows.

public boolean isConsistent( )

{

//@@begin isConsistent()

fpm.getMessageManager().deleteAllMessages(wdThis.wdGetAPI().getComponent());

String contactName = wdThis.wdGetContext().currentSelectedInfotypeElement().getName2();

if (fpm.getEventData().getEventName().equals(IFPM.EVENT_REVIEW)) {

//return true;

if(contactName == null){

fpm.getMessageManager().reportMessage(

wdThis.wdGetAPI().getComponent(),"CONTACTNAME",

WDMessageType.ERROR,

wdThis.wdGetAPI().getTextAccessor().getText("MissingInput"),

wdContext.nodeSelectedInfotype().getCurrentElement(),

wdContext.nodeSelectedInfotype().getNodeInfo().getAttribute("Name2"));

}

if (invalidBegda) {

fpm.getMessageManager().reportMessage(

wdThis.wdGetAPI().getComponent(), "FUTUREDATE",

WDMessageType.ERROR,

wdThis.wdGetAPI().getTextAccessor().getText("Msg_futuredate"),

wdContext.nodeSelectedInfotype().getCurrentElement(),

wdContext.nodeSelectedInfotype().getNodeInfo()

.getAttribute("Begda"));;

wdThis.wdGetFcPersInfoInterface().check(wdContext.currentSelectedInfotypeElement());

return false;

} else {

return (wdThis.wdGetFcPersInfoInterface().check(wdContext.currentSelectedInfotypeElement()));

}

} else {

return true;

}

//@@end

}

Now, my problem is even after marking its property as 'required' and implementing few lines of code, still I couldn't validate it. After clicking the Review button it has to give some message, but it is delgating to next screen.

Please help me out in this.

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Did you tried to debug?

Also try this. Add one more condition for null

if(null==contactName || "".equals(contactName)){

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

Thank you very much.....

You solved my problem. Its gr8.

But, unfortunately, I can't reward point to u, as this thread is not opened by me.

kind regards,

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aneesh,

I am having the same requiremnt 'customizing the ESS'. if you have any suggestions or docs, I appreciate to accept them from you.

with regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

tell me the requirement........if it's something i've come across, then i may b able to help u.

regards,

aneesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aneesh,

Thanks for your reply.

I am having a problem while customizing the ESS. I used DTR, DC and imported configuration. After that, I created project from one of the DC(say ess/jp/addr). Later when I open an iView from any Web Dynpro component, I am getting lot of errors without even making any modifications.

Can you please let me know how to solve this or any other way to work around this.

It's an urgent to be fixed as early as possible, plz help me out.

Thanks & Regards,

Raj