cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EasyDMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have instaled EasyDMS and seems to be ok to me.

I can create files, folders and everything. But when i try openign a file, it gives an error

File c:\document1\anujp\locals\temp\SapEasyDms\E47_150 can not be created..

Any suggestions on why am i getting thsi error..?? have tried most of the things btu still..

Regards

Anuj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If this problem occurs with all your files you have to check your authorization...

You need to set authorization s_gui on full authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks.. It did work..

I installed EasyDMS 6.0 to some testing and all as we were having 3.0 earlier... It looks a bit better as i guess few bugs were sorted, but the problem im getting is It keep asking for synchronization... and password screen everytime.. For me, i have stored the password but once we roll out, i don't think its advisable to store as few people on shop floor uses the same logon from different machines as well...

Is there a way i can stop getting the Synchronization pop up and password popping screen??

Regards

Anuj

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuj,

Can you please be more specific? How do you want to use hyperlinks?

Rgds,

Anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anubhav,

Sorry for the late response. Well if we have got 2 excel sheets stored under same document but they got hyperlinks within each other. Example SAP Document no 10000000000000456 has got 2 excel files, File A and B. A has got hyperlinks to file B. Currently i think its not working. Sayign cannot open a file.

The same thing with EasyDMS as well. i understand backend is the same SAP-DMS but is there no way to get hyperlinks within the SAP??

Thanks and looking forward for the response.

Anuj

0 Kudos

Hi Anuj,

Hyperlinks to file B from File A means the path of B is known to A, well if both these originals present in the same DIR doesn't mean that both the files are downloaded when there are hyperlinks.

The work around for this scenario could to have file B as additional file to File A, so that when you try to open file A then file B will also be downloaded and hopefully hyperlinks work fine.

Regards,

Anil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all... Stupid thing which didnt come in my mind... Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

the last bit is till having a problem.. any sort of help will be helpful..

Anuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried the option:

minutes before your RFC connection will be terminated automatically (you find it in your easy DMS settings)

If you enter a higher minute amount, you won't get the popup that often

Please, don't forget to award points if this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thanks for the response... could you tell me where exactly the option is...?? as in EasyDMS i have tried all the fields... couldnt find the place to increase the time.. so what i decided was to save the password so that it never asks me again...

Will wait for the answer...

regards

Anuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you press the second icon of easyDMS in the windows explorer

its a file with a man in front of it (sap easy document management)

In the general tabpage you wil find the following options:

- Local file storage (working directory)

- Genral file handling (allow changes to viewing files, allow changes in offline mode)

- timeout for RFC connections (minutes before RFC connection will be terminated automatically)

- version information (product version and file version)

You choose the 3rd one... There you can enter the amount of minutes the system will wait to appear the popup to login...

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Problem is sorted..

The timing was one of the issues...

Well the sync screen was coming initially and the reason was files which got checked out but never got checked in, the system was asking to sync. However during testing issue was comign.. After Clearing RFC Cache, it was ok...

Thanks to all those who helped... All the best...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

Wanted to know if we could use hyperlinks in EasyDMS??

Regards

Anuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please try from other PC. This error may be due to PC specific file.