cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem ins Scenario RFC <=> XI <=> HTTP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody!

I have a scenario in which an R/3 Backend queries an external System using XI. The communication path is:

ABAP Program (sync. RFC) <=> XI <=> (plain HTTP / XML) external System

Unfortunately so far the call only works one way - the RFC call is routed to the XI system which in turn calls the external system. I see the call in the external system's log files. But somehow the answer of the external system is lost.

I also have problems debugging this scenario, since I don't find <i>any</i> messages in transaction SXMB_MONI. I don't know if the two problems are related, but right now I'm really confused.

Any suggestions or hints?

Regards, Joerg

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>Unfortunately so far the call only works one way - the RFC call is routed to the XI system which in turn calls the external system. I see the call in the external system's log files. But somehow the answer of the external system is lost.</i>

>>>>

You mentioned that the RFC calls is routed through XI and reaches the Ext system.

Verify -

In SXMB_ADM -> Intg. Eng. Conf. -> Spec. Conf. ->

You have under runtime LOGGING_SYNC with value 1 (default 0).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Setting the parameter as described enabled debugging - which was very helpful. Thank you!

Now I see the messages - and I'm still confused. I see the message from R/3 to the external system and the answer message. The answer is then mapped to RFX-XML (correctly, as far as I can tell). However, the RFC function module obviousely doesn't receive the mapped results.

More specifically: The RFC FM receives parameters in table format. However, the table is empty in SM37...

Any suggestions there?

Regards, Joerg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Solved the problem myself. However the problem is so curious, that I post the answer here - maybe someone else with the same problem will find it.

The answer of the external system is transformed using an XSL stylesheet. The stylesheet generated the following RFC-XML message:

<rfc:Z_xxx
xmlns:rfc="urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<!-- Parameters omitted -->
</rfc:Z_xxx>

As soon as I removed the superfluous Namespace daclaration <b>xmlns:xsi</b> - which wasn't even used in the resulting XML document - everything worked fine. Personally I find this a bit strange, but who cares

Regards, Joerg

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Joerg Loosen,

That's great, Thank you for your Spirit (for publishing the solution for the Issue )

Regards

Agasthuri Doss