Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OS/DB Migration

former_member343310
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have the database export (4.7 enterprise, Linux). Now I want to perform OS Migration of the same exported files to Window OS. The problem is that I dont have the same OSS ID to get the migration key from SAP service site. I have another administrative SAP Service user but the migration key created from the user is invalid. Since this migration key is assigned on the basis of the installation number and additional system-specific information.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

the migration key must be generated with a user that is linked to the installation number of the SOURCE-System. Check this please.

You might also look at SAP-Notes 338372 (Migration key does not work) or 813964 (Migration Key wrong).

Kind regards

Waldemar Gaida

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Migration keys are tied to installation numbers so licenses can be tracked/modified for customers, so you are correct that there is some additional information involved.

You should be able to get a license key via your administrative OSS ID - If the one you got is incorrect, I would suggest calling the hotline and having the correct information entered and a correct key generated.

I hope this helps,

Mike.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael -

I'm looking for assistance with a OS/DB Migration project and looking for a certified professional. Can you help with this ?

Siamone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

you may contact: SerCon GmbH, Frank Schröder (FSCHROE@de.ibm.com).

He can tell you some ressources that can help.

Kind regards

Waldemar Gaida

mailto: wgaida@de.ibm.com