cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Normalize in Validation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey everybody,

I have a problem with a validation. I have two fields with the same number in two different formats. I need those two different format for my business case and can't do it simply with key-mapping, so I have to have those two fields.

But, i want to check if those two numbers are the same.

One number is an integer, like 12345, the other is separeted by a dash, like 12-34-5.

I know that I can either normalize this during Import (what I don't want to do because I need that format in MDM) or transform in the matching & merging by removing the dash. But I need that functionality in the validation where I check if field 1 equals field 2.

Does anybody know how I can normalize the string or remove the dashes any other way in the validation expression dialog?

Thanks a lot!!

~chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christiane:

What you could do is, when importing, clone the field with the dashes, so you will have that field twice on MDM.

On import, you can normalize one of them and keep the original, both on MDM, so you can compare the original with the normalized one.

I hope that helps

Alejandro

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be you can use the new functionnailty of assignment field with a expression validation with concatenate(fFind(field,1,2), Find (field,4,2) .., find (field,7,2) ....)

Give us news ....

Laurence .