cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XLIFF Localization Automation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

We have quite a big project in NW2004s, better part of it is a web dynpro application and we need it in two languages.

Every i18n documentation you can find describes the situation where you have final application in one language and you create additional language version by manually copying the xliff (*.xlf) files. So far so good - the real problems start when you want to change that already translated application.

Is there ANY way how to compare the xlf files to find missing or changed translation? I did not find any mention of that situation in the documentation, I did not find anything similar inside the NWDS menus and I even failed to find any eclipse plugin supporting xliff

If you add some visible WD element into an (already translated) application, the only method I see currently is to remember what you have changed and correct it - i.e. do it fully manually. I can't believe this is the only way SAP offers ... or is it so?

Do you have any advice?

Regards,

Tomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tomas,

AFAIK, there is no tool available from SAP. Howevere...

XLF is just an XML file. So you may google for tools that compares 2 XML files (Altova XML Spy or something free or at least cheaper).

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Two things I can think of:

1. one free tool that should let you open both xliff files: OLT XLIFF Translation Editor 1.2.6

https://open-language-tools.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentView?documentID=40324&showInfo=true

Try this tool and see if this would help you have a better view to compare the xliff files and facilitate the files.

2. Or use a Translation Memory software: this will enable to identify the modified or non translated segments by creating a Translation Memory from your original translated xliff.

Victor