cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value mapping does not work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I can not get value mapping in XI 3.0 to work. Has anyone experience with this, the documentation is soo bad. This is what I have done:

In the Graphical mapper I used the object "Value mapping" and filled in the following parameters:

Value mapping context: http://sap.com/xi/XI

Source

Agency: System1

Schema: UnitSystem1

Target

Agency: System2

Schema: UnitSystem2

In the directory I created an Value mapping table with the same paremeters as above and filled in the table.

When I test the complete flow, the value mapping is not used. The unchanged values are just copied over to the target field.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

Frank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Steven_UM
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Frank,

I got it working by writing a custom java class using the available SAP java value api ...

soI would be surprised that the standard mapping function would not work too ...

I would recheck the table entries

Regards,

Steven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Frank-

Can you clarify how you are testing this? In this scenario do you:

1) Test in the Repository under the "TEST" tab?

2) Test with an external file coming into XI which can be seen in TR: SXMB_MONI ? If this is the case you can look at the TRACE file to see if your value mappings are being called in the REQUEST MESSAGE MAPPING step.

Good luck!

james

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

I tested with an external file and I couldn't see that the value mapping is being called in the Trace. I would expect an error if the value mapping is being called and the value or table was not found.

Cheers,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How does this test in the 'Test mode' in the mapping tool ? Or does this fail as well ?

I have an advanced mapping guide for XI 3.0 from one of SAP courses that may be of help.

Leave your e-mail here and I'll send it on.

Cheers

colin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colin,

In test Mode you can't test the value mapping, because the value mapping table is part of the Directory. Instead of the Value Mapping I tried "Fixed Values" and that works, but you can not re-used it.

If this advanced mapping guide explanes how to use the value mapping better then the standard "how to" mapping guide, please send it to me.

email: frank.bakermans@capgemini.com

Cheers,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colin,

I want to test the value mapping which i have created.

I guess that it cant be tested with the normal test mode in the mapping tool as the value mapping table is present in the directory.

Can you please forward me the advance mapping guide for XI3.0 on my id nawale_rahul@yahoo.com .It could be very helpful for testing the value mapping.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Rahul