cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

diff bw synchronus and assynchronus configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

please give me the difference bw synchronus and assynchronus scenarios.?

regards

shyam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

Imagine a scenario <b>RFC ---> XI ---> SOAP ---> XI ---> RFC.</b>

This scenario can be implemented in two general ways:

<b>Synchronous:</b> Here the RFC sends synchronous request to the web service and waits till it gets a response from the web service. i.e he channel is occupied from RFC to XI and from XI to Web service till the RFC gets a response from the webservice. This way of communication is f<i>send and wait</i> or response kind.

<b>Asynchronous:</b> Here the RFC sends the request asnychronously to xi and xi inturn a synchronous call to the web service. What this does is the channel from RFC to XI is not occupied all the time and it can be used to do some other work till the web service sends it response back to XI. and then XI later sends the response to RFC system asynchronously. This kind of communication is <i>send and forget kind</i>.

Choice of communication depends on the <i>business requirment</i> and the <i>required overall performance</i> of the scenario.

Regards,

Ashish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shyam,

Synchronous Communication as the ame implies is used when you are sending dat a to some aplication and expect an Immediate Response back.

To know which adapters in XI support Synchronous Porcessing, check this link. Any adapter that supports a QOS of Best Efort , supports Synch Processing,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0d/5ab43b274a960de10000000a114084/content.htm

Regrads,

Bhavesh

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shyam,

Synchronous :

Synchronous messages have the quality of service Best Effort. On the one hand, the application must ensure that there are no duplicate messages or data losses. On the other hand, the application receives error messages. Best Effort also means that no transactional concepts are involved.

Asynchronous :

A system that does not report back directly to the calling program or work item manager after its execution.

The asynchronous method does not return any result, parameters, or exceptions. At least one terminating event must be defined for a task described by an asynchronous object method and it must register its own results. Import parameters can be passed to it only. At runtime, the relevant work item is completed only when one of the defined terminating events occurs.

With respect to asynchronous messages, an adapter:

1) Must not send response messages in the receiver/outbound direction

2) Does not expect response messages in the sender/inbound direction

Weblog :

Explains Synchronous & Asynchronous :

/people/vanita.thareja2/blog/2006/05/23/bpm-sending-message-asynchronously-and-getting-the-response-from-synchronous-system-using-abap-proxies

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Message was edited by: Agasthuri Doss Baladandapani