cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDN Contest: SAP on Rails in a real Business Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

please use this Topic to Discuss questions regarding my Blog <a href="/people/gregor.wolf3/blog/2006/09/30/sdn-contest-sap-on-rails-in-a-real-business-application">SDN Contest: SAP on Rails in a real Business Application</a>.

Regards

Gregor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wrote to Gregor yesterday because I wasn't managing to connect to his system. He's fixed my problem and asked me to post here in case anyone else has tried to do the same thing.

Thanks, Gregor!

>>I've got Piers' code for checking Exchange rates that he used

>>to demonstrate his SAP4Rails and that runs fine on the demo

>>SAP system I have installed at home. I thought before I

>>started on your problem I'd run the Exchange rate code just

>>to make sure the connection worked. I've updated my sap.yml

>>file to include the login info you give, but it's not

>>returning the BAPI_CURRENCY_GETLIST structure as it should.

>>It suddenly occured to me that maybe the problem is just that

>>the user SDNCONTEST doesn't have authorisation to access this

>>BAPI, rather than that the connection isn't opening

>>correctly! I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me

>>if this is what you expect, before I spend another

>>evening trying to work out what's wrong...

>I've now added the Function Group of

>BAPI_CURRENCY_GETLIST to the authorization.

>Can you please try again?

Answers (11)

Answers (11)

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you all for contributing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Gurus,

i would like to work with Contacts. Could somebody help me with some materials or screen shots or something like that. Mail me under <b><REMOVED BY MODERATOR> - Use Business Card for E-mail</b>

Thanks in advance

Message was edited by:

Alvaro Tejada Galindo

0 Kudos

The deadline is over and I wasn't able to find some time to learn Ruby yet. Would've loved to take part, will have to do it next time

In case anyone didn't notice - as I did - the one submission and winner is <a href="/people/gregor.wolf3/blog/2006/12/01/sdn-contest-sap-on-rails-in-a-real-business-application-150-and-the-winner-is.

:Frederic:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gregor,

Thanks for organizing. May be I will participate in the future contests.

Per your weblog /people/gregor.wolf3/blog/2006/11/30/sdn-contest-sap-on-rails-in-a-real-business-application--solution I couldn't access the source code at http://www.siteco.de/download/sdn-contest.zip .

Is there any alternate site?

Thank you,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've just realised that I never posted a 'thank you' for this.

Sorry, Gregor! And thanks...

Catherine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gregor,

I just had a couple of questions...

On your availability check screen you have a field to enter the EAN and I was wondering which BAPI you were calling to make it possible to search just on that. The best I can manage is:

1. BAPI_MATERIAL_GETLIST

2. BAPI_MATERIAL_GET_DETAIL for each of the material numbers returned in 1

3. List the materials where EAN_UPC matches the selection

but I don't think that's going to be a very efficient way of doing things.

I was also interested in the display of the pdf of the delivery note. Is that something that you've automated?

Thanks!

Catherine

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Catherine,

thank you for your interrest in my Contest. I've provided now the Function Module "Z_GET_MATERIAL_FOR_EAN" which returns the Material Number for a given EAN Code. The EAN Code for Material "P-100" is "2050000000003".

The PDF is created from the Smartform. But you don't have provide a solution for this.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again, Gregor. Very much appreciated!

Regards,

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

Maybe the problem will be fixed by the time you see this, but just thought I should let you know we seem to have the same situation this morning: Webgui is fine but no rfc access...

Wonder if I'm the only one playing with SAP on a Sunday morning

James

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello James,

it's not just you :-). Unfortunately I have received the E-Mail Update to my work address so my late respond. I've rebooted the server again. Please try it now.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much, Gregor - that's great! Everything's working now.

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

Thanks for the reply! I can access the WebGUI, but I can't manage to connect to the system using RFC calls, although that was working fine a couple of days ago. Has anything changed?

James

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi James,

I've just restarted the Server. Please try again.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't seem to be able to make a connection to Gregor's system this morning - not sure if it's down. Just wondered if anyone else is having the same problem?

Thanks!

James

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello James,

yesterday there was a problem with the DB Server. But today it should work. You can use also WebGUI via the URL:

<a href="http://lupomania.dyndns.org:8000/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui/!?sap-client=800&sap-user=SDNCONTGUI&sap-password=sdn&sap-language=EN">SAP on Rails Contest WebGUI</a>

But you have to use IE to access WebGUI.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gregor,

I like this idea.

I see a potential problem (atleast in my case) that developers behind their corporate firewall cannot access this test system.

Is it possible to enable these BAPI's as WebServices (I assume this is simple) hence enabling developers behind their corporate firewall to program against these web services.

Thanks and regards,

Bala.

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

thank you for your response. I've now made the Functions also avaliable as a Web Service. Here is the Link to the <a href="http://www.computerservice-wolf.com/sdn/ZSDNContest.xml">WSDL</a>. Username and Password for basic authentication is SDNCONTEST.

Regards

Gregor

0 Kudos

I tried to access this service (more specifically the Z_HELLO) with username/passwort 'SDNCONTEST' and the PHP SoapClient returned with 'Authority check failed'. Directly calling the service from the Browser (no soap) leads to:

<soap-env:Envelope>
  <soap-env:Body>
    <soap-env:Fault>
      <faultcode>soap-env:Server</faultcode>
      <faultstring xml:lang="en">SOAP processing failure, error id = 112 </faultstring>
    </soap-env:Fault>
  </soap-env:Body>
</soap-env:Envelope>

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frederic,

what PHP Version do you use? Can you post the example code you've used?

Regards

Gregor

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Frederic,

it was a authorization problem. I had to add Auth. Object S_SERVICE with all Methods.

Please check it out now.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gregor,

I have exactly the same problem "SOAP processing failure, error id = 112".

Where do I have to add "Auth. Object S_SERVICE with all Methods"?

Regards

Andreas

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas,

start the PFCG Role configuration transaction, select the assigned role and then edit the Authorizations. Here you can add the S_SERVICE Authorization Object. In the object you maintain the Methods.

Regards

Gregor