cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Predefined components

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement where I need to integrate a db and R3. The requirement is that when the data from db reaches XI, a field "acknowledged time" has to be set with system time and when the record has been sent from XI to R/3, a field called "processed time" has to be set with system time in the db.

I planned to use a BPM with steps

1. receive asyn (to get record from db)

2. send asyn ( to update "acknowledged time")

3. send asyn (send data to R/3)

4. send asyn (to update "processed time")

But the problem here is the call to R/3 is via ABAP proxy created via a predefined <b>asyn inbound interface</b>.

How can I solve this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

That was really a good suggestion from Michal.

You can also try this method by splitting into 2 scenarios as already all your interfaces are Async

1. You will select the records using sender JDBC adapter and while selecting you can also update the ack time using the update statement.

Refer this

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/7e/5df96381ec72468a00815dd80f8b63/content.htm

If your scenario requires you to update the ack time that is after message comes into XI then in the Receiver Determination you can add one more Business Service to update the ACK time in the data base. You will have to set the time in the mapping and then by using a Reciever JDBC adapter.

2. The second scenario is as Michal said you will add a piece of code in the ABAP proxy to trigger another scenario which will update the processed time. This will be ABAP Proxy -> XI -> JDBC

Thanks,

Prakash

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

depends how your async call looks like

what is predefined in this abap call?

message structure or code in erp?

if the first one maybe you can add a line

of code that will send a asnc message to BPM

(but you need to have a field in the firsmessage on which you'll be able to correlate

the two async calls so the second one will come

back to the appropriate BPM instance)

Regards,

michal