cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW04s SP9 Java trial version installation error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting the following error when I am trying to install NW04s 09 java Sneak preview .

WARNING 2006-09-29 20:54:46

This computer's host name is 'xxxxxxx1071' but a reverse lookup returned 'xxxxxx.xxxxxxxx.xxxxx.xxxxx.com'. This will lead to problems later on when starting the Web Application Server. You can correct this problem by inserting a line: 'xx.xxx.xxx.xxx xxxxxxx1071' into the host file 'C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc\hosts'. Do this now so that you can continue the installation.

I fixed the host file and retried. But it failed again.

ERROR 2006-09-29 20:54:56

Apparently, the DNS configuration cannot be fixed while the installation is running. Terminating.

Appreciate quick response

Bala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Have you tried after stopping the installation.after entering the line in that file just resume ur installation. I hope Microsoft looback will be installed.

hope it helps

Regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

I stopped the installation. Verified the new entry exists in the host file and then restarted. It failed again.

-bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bala

Did you install Loop back adapter if not try to intall that as mentioned in installation document ( https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/eea83e34-0801-0010-46a2-e83... )

Thanks

Prince Jose

Answers (0)