cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to "home-Sap" system from office (internet)

andrea_galluccio2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

i don't know if the right section of forum where ask about this question.

I try to explain what i'd like to do.

I have a pc with a local i.p (192.168.100.1) connected 24/7 on internet with an public ip provided by the provider. In this machine, i have installed a virtual machine (192.168.100.15) with a sap installed in it.

Now, i can connect (with the sapgui) the host to this virtual machine and run Sap in a sapgui.

Now, i'd like to connect to this sap from the office.

I know what is my public ip, but how can i set-up the connection to access to my "home-sap" ?

Is it possible ? I have to open ports in router ? How i can establish the binding of the connections ?? Is it possible ??

Any hints/suggestions will surely rewarded.

Thx a lot

Andrea

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andrea,

i think you have to forward the message port of your sap system (3600 if your instance nr. is 00, or 36<instance nr.>) in your router from public ip to 192.168.100.15.

Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to setup a saprouter on the machine connected to the internet. So you just need to open port 3299 (by default) and use a saprouter string in the saplogon entry on your office pc.

andrea_galluccio2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi J.i.M

i think your suggestion is a good way to try.

Where i can find some docs about what is a saprouter and how to configure it ??

I appreciated it very much!!

Thx a lot

Andrea

P.s : if this way will works, i'll give u the right reward points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You'll find saprouter in <i>/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run</i>

just try with <i>saprouter -h</i> to get first information

Look also in the <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/4f/992ce8446d11d189700000e8322d00/content.htm">Online-Documentation</a>

andrea_galluccio2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi J.i.M

the documents are very interesting, but i don't know if i can solve my problem only with saproute.

This because the virtual machine (that contains NSP and saproute executable) is not visible on net.

Only the "true" host is visible on net by a public address (then the router redirect packets to this host that has i.p. 192.168.100.1 ).

I don't know how to create the bridge from sapgui on internet to my NSP system installed in a virtual host.

Hope i was quite clear.

Andrea

P.s : Now to use it, i used to run remote desktop (of windows xp), and then run sapgui on the remote system. It's quite slow but i can use it. I'd like to the connection in a "right" way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andrea,

yes you're right. The saprouter has to be running on the machine which is visible on the internet. If you could manage to run the saprouter on the visible machine and if there is a possibility to access the SAP system from this site then you have access to your SAP system through saplogon all over the world...

Regards

J.i.M.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am having the same problem. I want to access my sapserver which is at home from my office. Both are on different ISP network. My ISP assing IP address dynamically. I am using a software to know which one is external IP address. the Internal ip address is 192.168.0.100 and the external IP address 24.148... I can ping this external IP address from anywhere. I tried to login from my office but failed. I have timed out error message. I am not a network guy so just trying to figure out how to do it.

After reading a lot of forum discussion, I thought Instaling SAProuter may solve this problem. I have installed SAProuter as per the instruction in the documents. Somehow, I could not find SAProuttab file in the system and I think it is required to complete the setup.

Can anybody help me where to download SAProuttab and how to install/configure it. Also please let me know if I am in the right direction. In simple, my problem is, how to access my server from office. Is there any other way that we can do this. I would be grateful if some one can guide me how to setup IP in TCP setting also what would be the exact SAP string in my case.

Your early reply is highly appreciated.

THanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

As far i know i think it is not possible. But i m not sure may be i m wrong.

Regards

Subhash