cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register system to SLD with fully qualified name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anybody know how to register the host name for an abap system to the SLD so it uses the fully qualified DNS name? According to the help files in the SLD, it say's: "By default, host names in SLD are written lower case without any network domain"

Our SAP servers are in:

ex.) abc.domain.com

Our desktops are in:

ex.) def.domain.com

So, when developers try to register their local NWDS to the SLD, they cannot reach it. The only solution is for them to add the SAP Server domain (dx.domain.com) into their local tcp/ip settings on their desktop.

Does anybody else have this same issue? Any suggestions on how we can use a FQ DNS name for SLD registration?

-Dave

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, typo

should read

So, when developers try to register their local NWDS to the SLD, they cannot reach it. The only solution is for them to add the SAP Server domain (abc.domain.com) into their local tcp/ip settings on their desktop.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope you mean local WebAS and not local NWDS (Developer Studio)...

Why would you register local WebAS's in the SLD anyway?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the confusion. I think I may have mis-worded my own question. It was a Friday!

Want I meant to say was, our developers' local JCo connections fail when they try to make a connection to an SAP system listed in the SLD. This is because the two machines (pc and SAP server) reside in different domains.

SAP Servers are in abc.domain.com

Desktop computers are in def.domain.com

The only way for the JCo connection to work from their desktop, is if the developer adds "abc.domain.com" into the tcp/ip settings on their desktop.

If we could register the SAP system in the SLD as a Fully Qualified Name, I think the problem would disappear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for clearing that up.

Actually I don't understand at all why the systems do not register with FQDN's... It's some very annoying behaviour for SAP systems.

See if creating a Customer Message can clear up some minds @ SAP...