Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Best place to begin design of old HTML pages with Web Dynpro

I am new to web dynpro (and the Netweaver environment). I just took the EP150 course so I have an idea of how to create pages with both Visual Composer (although I doubt I'll use that much) and in java projects in NWDS.

My first application is to be an online purchase requisition application to replace one written in Lotus Domino (this will NOT be integrated with R/3- we will have a seperate DB for these documents outside of R/3). I have taken the HTML main page from that application and coded it as a JSP but I am getting the impression that the overall design/coding may be simpler if I do the project as a web dynpro. I want to find some sort of a primer that describes the various controls that go on the web dynpro view in order to figure out how I can take my HTML design and bring it into a web dynpro project. Can anyone point me to a resource that does this? I've checked the help and SDN and not found anything that is too helpful yet.

Can anyone tell me if it would be worthwhile for me to attend the JA310 Web Dynpro course? I have done a couple of the tutorials posted on SDN for web dynpro but haven't done much else with it as of yet.

Thanks.

Dana

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question