Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver AS java error

tj_wilkinson2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm attempting to install a Netweaver AS Java instance in preparation as part of EP6.0 and am getting the error below. I just completed the installation a couple of days ago without any issues. It was on another server, but that's the only difference I can see. I moved all the installation discs and the toolbox file to the new server for the installation I'm having a problem with.

If anyone's seen this before, I would appreciate any comments you may have about it. Thank you much.

~TJ

java version "1.4.2"

Attaching Java program to /usr/sap/SAPinst/NW04SR1/WEBAS_JAVA/CENTRAL/ONE_HOST/install/sharedlib/jload.jar.

Attaching Java program to /usr/sap/SAPinst/NW04SR1/WEBAS_JAVA/CENTRAL/ONE_HOST/install/sharedlib/tc_sec_secstorefs.jar.

Attaching Java program to /usr/sap/SAPinst/NW04SR1/WEBAS_JAVA/CENTRAL/ONE_HOST/install/sharedlib/exception.jar.

Attaching Java program to /usr/sap/SAPinst/NW04SR1/WEBAS_JAVA/CENTRAL/ONE_HOST/install/sharedlib/opensqlsta.jar.

Attaching Java program to /usr/sap/SAPinst/NW04SR1/WEBAS_JAVA/CENTRAL/ONE_HOST/install/sharedlib/logging.jar.

Sep 29, 2006 10:09:52 AM com.sap.inst.jload.Jload main

INFO: Jload -sec EPP,jdbc/pool/EPP,/sapmnt/EPP/global/security/data/SecStore.properties,/sapmnt/EPP/global/security/data/SecStore.key -dataDir /usr/installCDs/NW04SR1_WebASJava_DevStudio_IGS/J2EE_OSINDEP/J2EE-ENG/JDMP -job /usr/sap/SAPinst/NW04SR1/WEBAS_JAVA/CENTRAL/ONE_HOST/IMPORT.XML -log /usr/sap/SAPinst/NW04SR1/WEBAS_JAVA/CENTRAL/ONE_HOST/jload.log

Sep 29, 2006 10:10:00 AM com.sap.inst.jload.Jload main

SEVERE: couldn't connect to DB

com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLException: Could not load class com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TJ,

Most likely this is a problem with the symbolic links for the JDBC driver. The installation creates a symbolic link from /usr/sap/<sid>/SYS/jdbc/tbx for the Toolbox driver (or /usr/sap/<sid>/SYS/jdbc/ntv if you are using the Native driver) to the driver location that was specified in the installation dialogs. The symbolic link created by default is created using /QFileSvr.400. So you should have a symbolic link with this form: /QFileSvr.400/<local host name>/<location of JDBC driver>.

The first place to check for this type of problem is with the specified location of the JDBC driver. Does it really exist where you specified. If not then correct thy symbolic link to point to the proper location or move the JDBC driver jar.

If the answer is yes, you probably have a problem with QFileSvr.400. I would recommend eliminating QFileSvr.400 from the symbolic link. The links in QFileSvr.400 (they appear as directories) sometimes go bad, plus they are not persistant across an IPL (you need to modify your startup program to make them persistant) QFileSvr.400 adds complexity and problems and provides little advantage. Originally it was implemented so that one copy of the JDBC driver could be used for multiple hosts in a landscape, but it's not worth the trouble in my opinion.

Since it appears that you are using the Toolbox driver the following command can be used to fix the symbolic links:

RMVLNK OBJLNK('/usr/sap/<sid>/SYS/jdbc/tbx/jt400.jar')

ADDLNK OBJ('<fully qualified path>/jt400.jar') NEWLNK('/usr/sap/<sid>/SYS/jdbc/tbx/jt400.jar')

If this doesn't resolve the problem, more investigation is going to be necessary.

Good luck,

Kolby

tj_wilkinson2
Participant
0 Kudos

Kolby,

Thank you much, that did the trick. The QFileSvr.400 link was missing. I appreciate your help.

~TJ

Answers (0)