cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipeline Processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I have a file to file Scenario, what are all the steps involved in the Pipeline processing.

(When the file is picked up by Adapter first, then it enters into the Pipeline until that point I am clear I hope)

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

XI pipleine steps are-

Sender Agreement->Reciever Determination->Interface Determination->Interface Mapping->Reciever Agreement.

1) Sender adapter will poll the data into XI . This is carried out by Adapter Engine

Once it reached XI, it will in XI Message pipeline in the integration engine.

2) Reciever Determination is executed - to look into who is the reciever

3) Then Interface determination- Sender Interface and Reciever Interface Mapping

4) reciever Agreement- with adapter or proxy structure.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Doss,

can you explain the followingl?

1.is it Pipeline processes is same for all scenorio's or will change ?

2.i've 3 scenorio's ,

1. R/3<> XI<->SRM

2.Non SAP<> XI<> SAP

3.SAP<->XI<>SAP

what are all adapters i need to config in both in/out bound process?

Thanks,

wiliam D

jose_augastine3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi William,

Pipeline processes are the same for all scenarios.

1. R/3 -> XI -> SRM

You can use IDOC, RFC or Proxy at sender side and same can be used at receiver side also. (Proxy is preferable)

2. Non SAP -> XI -> SAP

Any supported adapter can be used according to sending system. IDOC, RFC or Proxy can be used at receiver side.

3. SAP -> XI -> SAP

IDOC, RFC or Proxy can be used at sender as well as receiver side.

Hope this helps !!!

Regards,

J Augastine

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohini,

When a source message reaches the Integration server, it performs 6 steps before the message reaches the destination. The steps are:

1) Receiver Determination: This steps determines the system that participates in the exchange of the message.

2) Interface Detremination: For each receiver determine which interface will should receieve the message.

3) Message Split: If more than one receievers are found, Xi will instantiate new message for each receiver.

4) Message Mapping: Mapping to transform the source message to destination message format.

5) Technical Routing: Bind a specific destination and protocol to the message.

6) Call outbound Adapter: Send the transformed message to the adapter or a proxy.

One can examine these steps in Runtime Workbench using the Transaction: SXMB_MONI.

Hope this answers your query.

Regards.

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. Would you also tell me where is my sender Adapter role here, before the first Step? So the Sender File Adapter picks up my file and gives it to integration Server and then the Pipeline steps you have narrated below are going to be executed?

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Mohini,

>>>>Would you also tell me where is my sender Adapter role here, before the first Step?

before as in the XI terms the pipeline

is a set of services that process XML messages

on the integration engine

(so after the adapter will send the XML to the

integration engine)

>>>>>Adapter picks up my file and gives it to integration Server and then the Pipeline steps you have narrated below are going to be executed?

exactly

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Mohini

Before step 1 your Sender Adapter picks up the file from the file system, converts it to XML and places it in the payload of an XI-SOAP message. Then it posts this message to the Integration Server pipeline via http(s).

Then the steps in the pipeline the other guy has narrated are executed.

Regards

Julio