cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP Sender Adapter - Processing Sequence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anybody know what the processing sequence of files is when I using a ftp sender adapter? I can only determine this if I use a file sender adapter (NFS).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

But which of both is the first file? Ordered by name or by date or by what? When I use a file adapter I can choose that but when i use a ftp adapter I can't.

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gil,

The File Adapter allows you to configure the Processing Sequence of files for the Transport Protocol "File System (NFS)", which also determines the order for EOIO processing. Files can either be processed in ascending alphabetical order (Processing Sequence "By Name") or by their last modification time stamp (Processing Sequence "By Date"), where the oldest file is processed first. For the Transport Protocol "File Transfer Protocol (FTP)" files are always processed in ascending alphabetical order

I hope this clarifies your query.

Regards.

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, we've tested it and the files were picked up in a sequence ordered by name. But I don’t know if this behaviour is random, system specific or regular because it is not documented. But I hope it is regular. Thank for your help.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in sender file ( FTP ) adapter:

when qos :eoio

the sequence the msg processess will be in ascending alphabetical order.

ex: if i have 10 files in a folder

as per the my requirement all the 10 files are picked up at the same time, then

the files will be arranged in queue specified in ascending alphabetical order and processed in the same order.

but, when i use QOS: EO

the same thing is going to happen right!!

picks all the files , processess in ascending alphabetical order to xi..

then what is the use of queue here in eoio???

on the other hand,

in sender file ( NFS ) adapter:

file will be processed based on the processing sequence( either by date or time ).

so both EO and EOIO use the processing sequence... then wat is the work of queue here in EOIO MODE.. any way they are processed according to the proccessing sequence parameter.. ???

Please reply..

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gil,

At the time of polling interval, XI will pick all files matching the critera and process them parallely. Even if the large file is getting processed, the next file will be picked up by the adapter if it is available during the next polling interval.

All interfaces are executed independent of the other. For this you can choose the mode as Best Effort.

If you want the file to be processed in sequence then you can use Quality of Service EOIO in the sender adapter.

The files are processed in the sequence they are picked up.

Another criteria is processing sequence in file adapter. There are two options By Date and By Name. Depending on what you select it will maintain a EOIO order in the XI.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

> If you want the file to be processed in sequence then

> you can use Quality of Service EOIO in the sender

> adapter.

> The files are processed in the sequence they are

> picked up.

>

Of course I use Quality of Service EOIO but in which sequence the files will be picked up?

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gil,

Just check the below link for more info on how different queues are used in XI. Use transaction SMQ2 to check the queue.

/people/sap.india5/blog/2006/01/03/xi-asynchronous-message-processing-understanding-xi-queues-part-i

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/3c/499240ed38ce62e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe you don't understand my question.

You have a ftp adapter with a fixed time interval and you have 2 files in your ftp source directory. Which of both will picked up first respectively which of both will processed first in my EOIO queue

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gil,

If you set EOIO, the second file would be processed only after first file is delivered.

Regards.

Praveen