cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI installation on NW04s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to everyone.

I have succesfully upgraded SAP Portal from NW04 to NW04s. During this upgrade I have not choosen DI in usage type because we didn't know to install NWDI on this system as AddOn. Because this system is only a sandbox we also decide to install NWDI on the same system. In NW04 you choose only three files and deploy it over SDM but in NW04s everything seems to be changed. And I am not able to find some documentation for this case.

Is it possible to deploy *.sca files manually, too? I have found three files which I would try to deploy but I don't know if they are right and complete

(SAPBUILDT07_0-10003479.SCA, DICMS07_0-10003499.SCA, DICBS07_0-10003500.SCA, DIDTR07_0-10003501.SCA). SAP Note 883948 says that you cannot use this step if you have installed EP and wants to install NWDI later.

Can somebody support me in doing the right steps?

Regards,

Frank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

follow the Note 964988 - BIPostInstallProcess not visbile in template installer..

point 3.

3. Check whether the property "usage" contains the value "BI-Java:DI:EP:MI:PI". The value "BI-Java" must always be contained.

you can use "DI" to replace it.

It works.

Regards,

YiTao Ni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Here is my situation. We are going to implement ESS and MSS and using NWDI for modifying Employee Self Service and Manager Self Service applications. In this situation can we use DI on same server as EP? I know DI takes lots of resources. I am assuming that DI should be installed on completely different server. Please suggest and advise...

Sudha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where does SAP Note 883948 say that you cannot install Usage Type DI on a system with Usage Type EP? Are you mixing up PI and DI?

The Note also displays the files you need for Usage Type DI.

Trust the note!

Former Member
0 Kudos

The note says that for example if you have already installed a portal without DI it is not supported to use this installation process to install DI later. So I have to find another way to install DI on a running(!) system. Or am I wrong?

Regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe I overlooked something... Where does it say that?

The note is about installing additional Usage Types and it tells you what the exact procedure is.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it was my fault. I have only read the german sap note but this version is old fashioned (Validation till end of february, didn't see that!!)).

I have deployed the sca files over SDM menschioned in the english sap note and the NWDI is working now. We had some other problems by deploying these files because sdm and Adminstrator password were not the same. After changing it with one password the Deployment was succesfull.

Thanks and regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nice! Have fun with NWDI!