Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SICF settings for creating a proxy in ABAP for external webservice

Prajesh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to create a client proxy for external webservice. I am getting below given error when I try to create it via URL,

HTTP error (return code 400,message "ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED")

If I go to the details of this error I can see that it is asking to maintain correct proxy settings using SICF txn.

I am trying to consume service directly from ABAP without the involvement of XI. Could you plesae help me in this issue?

Thanks&Regards,

Prajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Prajesh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Gregor and Raja,

Thanks a lot for your help. I can see it is working fine now. I didn't make any change, but somehow it is OK .

Regards,

Prajesh

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prajesh,

where is the endpoint of your Web Service? In your local network or in the Internet? If the endpoint is in the internet it is common that you don't have direct internet access in a corporate network. Please ask your network admins for the Proxy Server details and maintain them in Transaction SICF -> Goto -> HTTP Client Proxy.

Regards

Gregor

Prajesh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Gregor,

Thanks a lot for your help.Endpoint of webservice is out side our local network. But at the same time I can see that proxy setting is active using txn SICF -> Goto -> HTTP Client Proxy. HTTP Log is showing the name of proxy server and port.

Could you please tell me what extra check I should do? And why still I am not able top create client proxy for that particular webservice definition?

Thanks&Regards,

Prajesh

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prajesh,

please try out this little ABAP coding which should return something like

<html><head><meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">...

or "HTTP Connection error":

REPORT  z_google_http_test.

DATA: client TYPE REF TO if_http_client,
      html TYPE string.
****Create the HTTP client
TRY.
    CALL METHOD cl_http_client=>create_by_url
      EXPORTING
        url    = 'http://www.google.com/'
      IMPORTING
        client = client
      EXCEPTIONS
        OTHERS = 1.

client->send( ).
    client->receive( ).

html = client->response->get_cdata( ).
    write: / html.

client->close( ).
  CATCH cx_root.
    WRITE: / 'HTTP Connection error'.
ENDTRY.

Regards

Gregor

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you also set the proxy userid and pwd in SICF -> Goto -> HTTP Client Proxy. HTTP Log tab?

if you still have problem, you cansimply call the wsdl in your browser and save the wsdl as a local file and use the same to create client proxy.

Regards

Raja

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for theproxy setting to work properly apart from setting server, uid/pwd you also need set the proxy setting as active in global settings tab (sicf->client->proxy settings)

by checking the check box "proxy setting is active"

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

I have a similar issue when I tried to setup logical port against my local server. I tried to follow the steps you provided, but somehow it failed. My local server is NW04s SP10 and the web service is written in Java. I need to consume the service in ABAP web dynpro which is on another server.

Here is what I have done in SICF :

/NSICF -> execute with hierarchy type service->Client->proxy settings->global proxy settings->active.

HTTP Log->Host name:mylocahost.mydomain->Port:53000->user name: my pc window logon name, password:my pc window password.

After save the changes and create client proxy from SE80, it still gives me the error:

HTTP error (return code 400, me

"ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED")

Could you let me know what's wrong with the settings and what are the extra steps still need?

Best regards,

Jenny

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the webservice is in the local server right, to access that, i dont think you need proxy. since you set proxy setting active, to access the local webservice, its trying to access internet, to avoide this, in the global settings tab se the filter entries,

it would be something like

myserver.domain.com meaning, if any access is made to any url withthis pattern, do not go via proxy server.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Thank you for your reply. I tried to do accordingly without select "proxy setting is active" and "No proxy setting for local server", and put my machine with domain name in the no proxy filter entries, but still can't create client proxies against my local machine. I checked the error and test the HTTP communication, it is not working. It might be the reason that cause the problem. Any other suggestions?

Best regards,

Jenny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have similar scenario, and iam getting same error like

after selecting the proxy settings active in global settings under HTTP tab what would be the host name and the port no.

while i tried to activate it, it says that no virtual host service is selected.. please let me know the solution and what should be filled for virtual host and the sevice.

Regards,

Thirumal.