cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am doing a scenario, where by from a dot net application, i need to make a web service call to XI and invoke a RFC . The response needs to be sent back to the Web service client. The scenario is

SOAP <-> XI <-> RFC and it is fully synchronous.

My first objective here is to establish a handshake between web service client and sap xi.

I have done the following :

1) Import the RFC definition inside IR

2) Created a WSDL out of it and imported it as External definition inside IR.

3) Created an outbound synchronous interface using this external definition

4) In ID , Created a service , a soap adapter sender channel and a receiver determination. As of now i have no interface mapping , as i am interested to see whether the web service call reaches XI

5) I have also defined a web service using ID (Tools -> Define Webservice . I have followed the standard format in defining the URL. I hav the WSDL out of this now.

My questions are :

1) for testing purpose , Using XML spy i try to send a SOAP service request.

I am getting an error with code 500. The SOAP request does not reach the XI server.

2) Once i succeed to test using XML spy , how do i create a web service client call and provide it to the sending dot net application.

Can some throw some light on these ? I have read sufficient blogs from the forum , but still no success.

Regards,

Senthil

Have any one done this similar scenario?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

<i>1) for testing purpose , Using XML spy i try to send a SOAP service request.

I am getting an error with code 500. The SOAP request does not reach the XI server.</i>

The problem is with the connection. Check the URL parameters again...

And the other common reasons that could cause this error are listed bellow:

1. Wrong Communication Channel/Party/Service

2. Missing Reciever Determination

3. Missing Sender Agreement

4. Missing back end Authorizations for the service userid.

<i>2) Once i succeed to test using XML spy , how do i create a web service client call and provide it to the sending dot net application.

Can some throw some light on these ? I have read sufficient blogs from the forum , but still no success.</i>

Just a suggestion, why dont you use a Webdynpro application insyead... If u feel its ok to go ahead with this suggestion, please go through this Blog else you follow the suggestion by Chandra...

/people/riyaz.sayyad/blog/2006/05/07/consuming-xi-web-services-using-web-dynpro-150-part-i

If you want to go ahead with your .net application itself, probably you can go through this link and get more information.

http://www.w3schools.com/ngws/ngws_webservices.asp

Regards,

Abhy

Message was edited by: Abhy Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhy,

Thanks yaar.With your inputs, I solved one of the issue related to the testing from xml spy .There was a minor error in the url i gave .

Unfortunately I am not able to reward any points , as there is some error doing so.

I am exploring on the steps to import the wsdl in to the dot net application and making web service call .

Any inputs on these folks ??

Regards,

Senthil

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your input and output messages in the outbound interface, also create a dummy mapping and then do the test from XMLSpy.

You should generate the proxy classes in the .net client for the WSDL which you will be using. Probably you can search the web to find some sample code to give you an idea.

Regards,

Chandra