cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC-XI-R3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario where in I need to send a record from database table to R/3. The conditions here are

1. Once the record has been sent from table to XI, I need to update a field called "acknowledged time" in the db table.

2. Once the record after mapping has been succesfully sent from XI to R/3, XI has to update a field called "processsed time" in the db table.

Pls note that, for connecting to R3 a standard proxy(predefined) is used. It is asynchronous.

Can you tell me how this scenario can be designed.

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jai,

BPM should do this right.

1, Receive -- Receivesthe record from the DB table using Sender JDBC adapter

2, Send -- with ACTION -- UPDATE -- to update ackowledged time. This can be aynch or synch as per your requirement. If you need to make sure Update is succesful, make it a Synch call

3,Send -- To send the data to R3

4. Send -- to update the DB table once again for processed time. Same as step 2

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

This is exactly what I thought. But one intriguing thought. If I design the BPM this way, how do I ensure the date from XI has reached R3 <b>sucessfully</b>? I cant make this send (3 step) synchronous, since it is a predefined proxy.

Any work arounds or ideas are welcome.

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jai,

As it is asynch, options possible, use exception handling of BPM so that transport ack can be handled and then if no exception has occured, then it implies data has reached R3 .

Am not very sure though.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

Can you suggest me some weblog where transport ack is handled in a BPM. I have not tried yet any acks in BPM.

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jai,

Some problem with the Serach on SDN. But , search for Michal's blog , Tweaking Acknowledgements. This was on the XI home page for the past 2 months .

It shows Ack's for file adapter , as your Proxy is asynch , it will be the same for you too.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jai,

Is it mandatory for u to keep this asynch.

If you make this scenario synchronous then you can do it without BPM

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

As I told already, the call to R3 is via a standard proxy(based on asynch interface). I cant change this one. But I would like to know, how it can be done with out a BPM, if my receiver interface is synchronous..

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.