cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I don't know anything about SRM. I want to learn SRM. What is the procedure to learn? I am working in SAP abap.

What is SRM? Where we are using this? Is it a module or language like abap? If not, what about that?

Please help me . I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

SRM is a seperate module itself.

• with SRM you get full web access and your buyers can perform their duites travelling or from other offices also. Same is true for manager's approval.

• You can connect SRM server to NON SAP systems via XI, thus giving flexibility.

• With customizing you can set feature of automatic PO , which relives your purchaser from routine procurement and they can spend time for more value added work.

• Users need to remember the diff transactions like R/3 and work with user friendly screens.

• Suppliers can be collabarated for PO responce , ASN etc. In transit matl can be accounted for .

The developemnts for SRM are done in ABAP language only.As a tecnical person you should be familiar with BADI's,Workflows and ITS.

BR,

Disha,

Pls reward points for helpful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sankar,

SRM is an application that is part of the SAP suite, similar to ECC/ERP. SRM stands for Supplier Relationship Management. It has modules for procurement, contract management, spends analysis and many more. The best thing to do is go to:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/8d/f6a93e08503614e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

and

service.sap.com/srm

Hope this helps!

Dustin