cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Solution Manager 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Guys

Currently we've V5R3M0 on 570, and like to install Solution Manager 4.0. Per APAR II13868, we should have CUM C6178, does anyone experience any issue with this CUM, or we should stay one CUM behind.

The installation CD were cut back in MAY, do we need to apply any patches for TMKSVR? How about ISERPACK? Would you please sharing any of your valuable experience on 4.0 installation? or any glitches we need to be aware of it?

Thank you for your help

Teresa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

TJ

Thank you for sharing your experience, I definitely will look into those information's which you've provide.

Teresa

tj_wilkinson2
Participant
0 Kudos

Wow – where to begin?

I’m currently working on an upgrade / Unicode conversion from 3.2 to 4.0. To put it mildly, it’s been less than pleasant. Our CUM level when we started, about two and a half months ago, was 06045. Eventually I completed the upgrade, but the Unicode process is still in process.

Some items that might be applicable to a new installation though …

1. Yes, you’ll need to patch the TMKSVR, and this is done with ISERPACK8.

a. And you need a 7.00 sapcar to unpack it, which if you don’t already have one, you can download the windows version to your PC to unpack it

2. There is also a zip file you have to apply – nw04scontrol.zip (note 842115)

3. I would HIGHLY recommend downloading the newest kernel to use during the installation.

4. If you don’t already have an SLD, you’ll now need one

a. This is VERY memory intensive to install, we had ~4.5GB allocated only to the installation and it still wasn’t enough for the installation to finish. I had to load the SLD content manually.

5. FYI – Solman 4.0 requires a java stack (memory intensive)

That’s all I can think of from an installation perspective. There were numerous other issues, but I think they were mostly related to the upgrade and/or conversion. If you run stuck, don’t be afraid to ask, I may’ve seen it. You can also search through the forums as I posted some questions here.

Good luck.

~TJ