cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating an enhanced MAM application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have to make some enhancements to the standard MAM application.

I have followed the enhancement guide and I am comfortable with what I need to do with regard to copying files and extending classes etc.

But my question is how should I package my enhancements along with the standard application?

Should I create a complete copy of the application including my new files?

I have read in the enhancement guide that it might be possible to package my enhancements into an addon project and deploy this after the standard application. I would prefer this solution as I could separate my enhancements clearly from the delivered code. But how would I go about creating the addon project?

Any advise you can give would be great.

thanks,

Denis.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

You need to make a zip file which contains all the enhanced files with proper packaging and install.xml file which tells about what files to be put in where. I mean install.xml file is the one which MI client looks for when you upload something as addon and do a sync and upon completion of sync MI client checks in this install.xml file which tells about where to put the extracted contents of the zip file.

All that you need to do is make a zip file with all the enhanced files which can be completely new files to be put in a completely new folder or it can be some modified files of the existing application along with one install.xml file which takes care about where to put in the extracted files once you upload this as addon.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that Siva.

A few follow up questions if I may.

1) What structure should install.xml follow?

2) Do I have to manually create the ZIP file or is there a better way to build it?

3) Is this the best approach or is it better to simply create a new application? (I am worried that this manual step may cause more problems than it solves.)

Thanks,

Denis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check out this link it tells you how to build the Addons

<a href="http://media.sdn.sap.com/public/html/submitted_docs/MI/MDK_2.5/content/appdev/softwarelogistics/addons.html">Add-Ons</a>

Cheers

Paul