cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client ABAP proxy - XI login

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have successfully tested an ABAP client proxy by executing an ABAP report. However when I execute the report, XI login credentials are asked for.

How can I avoid this, so that ABAP developer need not know XI login ? Is there any setting to be done ?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check whether login parameters are specified in RFC Destination. Typically for proxies RFC destination of type HTTP is maintained.

Regards

Rajeev

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

while maintaining destinations, what is the user id ou have give. Try to specify a XI service user eg XIAPPLUSER and its PWD.

For more info refer - /people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all.. I will do the necessary settings and revert.

Regards,

jacob_ellsworth
Explorer
0 Kudos

We have also been having the same problem it sounds like you had.

When we do a function module test, it works fine set to use Exchange Infrastructure in LPCONFIG, but we always get prompted for an ID and password.

As you mentioned, when we change LPCONFIG to use Web Service Infrastructure and our Call Parameters to use the HTTP Destination with path suffix /sap/xi/engine?type=entry we now get an error 'Soapfaultcode:4 Error during conversion of XI message' and nothing seems to get to XI.

Is this something you ran into or know something about for fixing this issue?

Any ideas of where to start looking at this?

Thanks,

Jake