cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target file of the same name as source file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on a file to file scenario. I need the target file name to be same as the source file name.

I checked the adapter specific message attributes in the sender as well as receiver file adapter,and also checked the file name.

Now am using variable substitution for the file name in the receiver file adapter.

I defined the variable value as :

But no file is getting created in the destination folder.

Can anyone help me out with this.

Thanks and regards,

Pravesh Puria.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pravesh,

If you have selected File adapter --> Adapter Specfic Attribuest --> File name in the sender and receiver file adapter , then do not go for variable name substittutuion.

Just make a dummy file name in the receiver file adapter for the file name field and XI will automatically use the same file name as the source when creating the file.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have worked on the dynamic configuration from weblog,its working fine but i want to make that as dynamic this function dynamic enough so that in my team to adapt this into their project.becuase most of our mappings are abap mapping.Is there any way to call the user define funtion at the adapter module.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for help.

Its working now.

I have awarded the points.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look at this - /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/10/xi-the-same-filename-from-a-sender-to-a-receiver-file-adapter--sp14

you are not required to use variable sub.