cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting SDM Server in integrated mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to start the SDM Server after upgrading to SP17 but the server doesnot start in the 'integrated' mode. The reply I get is the following "SDM server not up after 55 seconds. Waiting for another 5 seconds". It is starting in the 'standalone' mode and I am able to connect through the remotegui. The server is running on AIX. The log doesnot have any information regarding what is happening. Please help.

Regards,

Sanjib

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

This is exactly what I have done. But after this when I start the SDM with StartSDM command I get the reply I have posted earlier. It is waiting for the SDM server to startup. Please advise.

Regards,

Sanjib

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjib,

just to be sure, you are starting it with "sdm.sh remotegui", right?

Have you tested to wait for 600 seconds? There's a timeout then, maybe it'll show more information or even start after that timeout.

Regards,

Pascal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

Sorry for the delay in replying. I am starting the GUI by executing the script RemoteGui.bat and I am able to connect to SDM of other servers. There is one particular server whose SDM server doesnot start in integrated mode.

Passing the command ./sdm.sh jstartup mode=integrated ends with return code = 0. And after that I pass the command ./StartServer.sh. These commands are as per SAP Note 860939. I have waited for 600 seconds as you have suggested and the following is the snapshot from the sdmlog20060929.log file:

Sep 29, 2006 7:48:58 AM Info: Starting SDM - Software Deployment Manager...

Sep 29, 2006 7:48:59 AM Info: tc/SL/SDM/SDM/sap.com/SAP AG/6.4017.00.0000.20060420082457.0000

Sep 29, 2006 7:49:01 AM Info: SDM operation mode successfully set to: Integrated

Sep 29, 2006 7:49:01 AM Info: JStartupFramework is active

Sep 29, 2006 7:49:01 AM Info: Operation mode of SDM in JStartupFramework is "Integrated".

Sep 29, 2006 7:49:01 AM Info: Check if Server is running already.

Sep 29, 2006 7:49:01 AM Info: OK server is not running. Enable SDM Process in JStartupFramework.

Sep 29, 2006 7:49:02 AM Info: enabling SDM Process with JStartupFramework

Sep 29, 2006 7:49:02 AM Info: enabled SDM Process with JStartupFramework

Sep 29, 2006 7:49:02 AM Info: Successfully enabled SDM Process in JStartupFramework.

Sep 29, 2006 7:59:07 AM Error: SDM server startup not finished after 600 seconds. Giving up.

Sep 29, 2006 7:59:07 AM Error: Could not start SDM. Processing error. Return code: 4

Thanks and regards,

Sanjib Kumar Brahma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjib,

okay, everything you made is correct, hm...;-)

Check out these log files:

/usr/sap/<SID>/JC<NR>/work/dev_sdm

/usr/sap/<SID>/JC<NR>/work/std_sdm.out

/usr/sap/<SID>/JC<NR>/work/jvm_sdm.out

if you see some errors, post them...

Regards,

Pascal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

There is no JC00 directory under the path you have mentioned. The only directories that exist are: DVEBMGS00, SCS01, SYS. The work directory under /DVEBMGS00 contains the file you have requested for but they are old files. Please advise.

Warm regards,

Sanjib

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjib,

okay, in your case (double stack ABAP+Java system) it's DVEBMGS00, sorry.

What do you mean with old files? Also the server and dispatcher files? They should log every start of the J2EE instance, so they should be quite current in your case

Regards,

Pascal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

The date of these files are old and it seems that they were not written to whenever I started and stopped the SDM server.

Regards,

Sanjib

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjib,

also when you start and stop the whole system?

what about dev_jcontrol?

Regards,

Pascal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The dev_jcontrol is about 4 days old or the last log in the file is that old. The last few lines of the log contains the following data:

[Thr 1] JStartupICreateProcess: fork process (pid 737456)

[Thr 1] Mon Sep 25 19:40:56 2006

[Thr 1] *** ERROR => invalid return code of process [bootstrap] (exitcode=66) [jstartxx_mt. 1465]

[Thr 1] JControlExecuteBootstrap: error executing bootstrap node [bootstrap] (rc=66)

[Thr 1] JControlCloseProgram: started (exitcode = 66)

[Thr 1] JControlCloseProgram: good bye... (exitcode=66)

Regards,

Sanjib

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, then check out these files:

std_bootstrap.out

jvm_bootstrap.out

dev_bootstrap

normally the last lines of dev_jcontrol should be:

[Thr 1] JStartupICreateProcess: fork process (pid 336126)

[Thr 1] JControlICheckProcessList: process SDM started (PID:336126)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

I am sorry for the late reply, whenever I try to reply the message the site seems to have a problem. I have checked the files you suggested.

The last few lines on dev_jcontrol are as follows:

[Thr 1] JStartupICreateProcess: fork process (pid 737456)

[Thr 1] Mon Sep 25 19:40:56 2006

[Thr 1] *** ERROR => invalid return code of process [bootstrap] (exitcode=66) [jstartxx_mt. 1465]

[Thr 1] JControlExecuteBootstrap: error executing bootstrap node [bootstrap] (rc=66)

[Thr 1] JControlCloseProgram: started (exitcode = 66)

[Thr 1] JControlCloseProgram: good bye... (exitcode=66)

Warm regards,

Sanjib Kumar Brahma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sanjib,

check out the bootstrap logs as stated in my last post

Regards,

pascal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjib,

I also had the same problem. I solved the iisue.

got to SDM/program/config / sdm_jstartup.properties

there u see the sdm.JavaParameters=-d256 .make this parameter to null sdm.JavaParameters=

and try Stratserver.sh

Now SDM will definitely work in integrated mode. Please let me know if you face any problem

Regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjib,

go to directory "/usr/sap/<SID>/<INSTANCE>/SDM/program" and start "sdm jstartup mode=integrated"

Regards,

Pascal