cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW04 and NW2004s Preview on same machine possible?

jakob_thilo2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

has anyone managed to have both NW04 preview (ABAP) and NW2004s Preview (ABAP) installed on the same machine? Is it possible at all?

I would like to have both systems installed on my laptop and be able to start one of the servers at a time only (both would be installed but only one server running at a time).

Difficulties I see would be wether you actually install two different versions of the maxdb server (NW04-> MaxDB 7.5, NW2004s -> MaxDB 7.6) on the same machine and the fact that both sys-ids used for the preview edition are "NSP".

Currently I am running the NW2004s system inside a virtual machine, but this obviously has significant impact on the performance.

Any suggestions?

Thank you very much,

Jakob Thilo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Peter_Inotai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jakob,

Any reason you want to do that?

1) if you want to keep your old work

It's better to release your requests (save the data and cofiles) and reimport them in the new system.

2) if you want to play around with transport systems

You can expect errors as both sysyem have system ID NSP

3) if you want to play around with ALE, Idoc

Probable it would work, but it's too much effort for this.

Best regards,

Peter

andrea_galluccio2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Do the same i did.

I've installed a sw of virtual machine (VMWARE) created a virtual machine and then installed the NW2004s in it.

Then i make the connection between host and the virtual machine. I've installed the sapgui on the host machine et voilà

I have a P4 3ghz with 1gb of ram and i use it to develop WD for abap application. I don't have any problem of speed.

Bye

Andrea

Pls reward if it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andrea,

You installed NW2004s on a VmWare machine???

I installed it on a physical machine with 2Gb and that is running ok, but not quite fast. If your laptop is only 1Gb, how are you able to run NW2004s in a virtual machine??

I have a laptop with 1Gb as well, so if you can tell me how to run everything on that machine that would be great!!

Jan