cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring a multiple IDOC-File using BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

My scenario involves 2different idocs which are to be mapped to a file structure,the steps that i have followed in IR is ,

1.Create target MesageType

message Interfaces.

2.Create 2 Abs interfaces based on IDOC

3.Create 1 Abs for o/p of BPM.

4.Create 1 Inb for target.

Message mapping.

5.Two dummy mappings for outbound idocs to abstract idocs.

6.One multimapping(two idocs-->File)

7.One Dummy mapping for Abstract Intf(output of BPM) to target Filestructure(inbound).

Interface Mapping.

8.Two Mesage intf for changing Outbound idocs to Abstract using the dummy mapping programs)

9.One Message Intf using 2 abs Idocs to One Abs File(using the multimapping pgm)

10.one msg Intf for BPM Out --> Inb File (using the dummy mapping pgm)

Integration Process.

I have used a fork step under which there are 2 recieve steps to recieve the IDOCS and then a Transformation step that would multi-map the idocs to the file,then a send step.

Please let me know if the approach is right.

Also Could anybody please let me know what steps do i need to take in the Configuration part and should i use the wizard or should i do it manually.

the problem using the wizard is it doesnt let me choose 2 Message interfaces for the sender ie; IDOCS,

Please help me on this.Thank you waiting for a reply....)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh/Moorthy,

Thanks for your suggestions, i have followed these steps and i think i am going good as of now, however, now i have 3 different files that are to be mapped based on a condition from the source structure(in my case 2 idocs multimapped),

the condition is something like this,

when a source field is TRUE then Map File1, else map File2.

and File3 is always mpped(no condition).

All these files are for the same reciever.How can i do it,can i use a switch step or is there a way we can do it during Mapping.I am kinda lost now.

how many mapping programs should exist , please assist me in this,

thank you

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

You can use Switch step in the BPM. If it it is true then Map SOurce with Filestructure1 else Map SOurce with file Strucure 2. And for File3 as normal.

So after your first Multimapping i.e 2 : 1 mapping, you have got combined structure. Now check for the Source field with value TRUE in SWITCH case. if it is success Map with File1 structure else with file2 structure.

And one you have alreday mapped which will go as is.

So you need to have 3 mappings

1) 2 idocs into 1 File message

2) File message into File1 Structure

3) File Message into File2 Structure

Even you can think of doing this outside the BPM with Enhance Interface Determination i.e with condition.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

You can check this blog-

/people/pooja.pandey/blog/2005/07/27/idocs-multiple-types-collection-in-bpm

In the configuration-

Receiver Determination

1) Sender Idoc1 to Integration Process

2) Sender Idoc2 to Integration Process

3) Integration Process to Target system

Same no of interface Determination

No nee of dummy mapping. If you have done, no problem it will give any problem as it is one-to-one/

One Receiver Agreement. for Integration Process to Target System

No Sender Agreement required as it is thru implicit Idoc adapter.

Before do these, first create a Configuration Scenario and then import the BPM created in the Repository.

Regards,

Moorthy

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

John,

<i>5.Two dummy mappings for outbound idocs to abstract idocs.

7.One Dummy mapping for Abstract Intf(output of BPM) to target Filestructure(inbound).</i>

These dummy mappings are needed. As both the Abstract Message Interfaces and the Idoc / Inbound interface will use the same message type, no dummy mapping needed. In the interface determination for these, no interface mapping needs to be mnetioned.

ID.

Receiver Determaintions

1. Sender Service -- IDOC1 and Reciver Service is -- BPM. Sender Interface will be IDOC1 and Receiver Interafce will be The IDOC abs interface . No Interface mapping.

2. Sender Service --- IDOC2 and Receiver Service is -- BPM. Sender Interface will be IDOC2 and Receiver Interafce will be The IDOC abs interface . No Interface mapping.

3. Sender Service is BPM , and receiver servcice is File. Sender Interface is File Abs interface and reciver interface is the Inbound File interface.

1 Reciver Agreement for the File adapter.

Regards,

Bhavesh