cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

navigation from one view to different view in webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Iam trying to do the navigation from a view whose outbound plug connects to two different views at the same time.SO i have my first vies outbound plug to second views inbound plug and thrid view inbloudn plug too.Now i havw two buttons that ihave created in the first view.By pressing one button i want to go to the second view and by pressing on the other button i need to go to the third view.Iam not getting any ideas how i cn do that.can anyone help me out with that

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I think you need to have two separate outbound plugs. Then depending on your actions tied to the buttons, the correct outbound plug should be fired.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rich,

Thank you very much this solved the problem

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you verymuch for everybody for the help.I will try this and see if it helps

saraswathi_d
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create one viewset. In one view set you can place any number of views.

According to your question

1. create viewset

2. place the views in viewset

3. place outbound plug in the first view amd place the inbound plug the second view. connect those two views witg navigation link.

4. place the outbound plug in secondview and place the inbound plug in thirdview. connect secondview and thirdview with navigation link

5. create two actions through actions tab.

6. create two buttons. Go to properties of the first button and bind the first actions. Similary second button.

7. go to implementation of that actions.

wdThis.wdFirePlugToDisplayView();

this is the sample code in section view to display view.

here we are passing the parameters from one view to another view.

wdThis.wdFirePlugToDisplyView(wdContext.currentContextElement().getOptions(),wdContext.currentContextElement().getSecondLevel(),wdContext.currentContextElement().getThirdLevel());

Regards,

Saraswathi

Pls reward points for useful info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Swathi,

Tou have two OutboundPlugs say x and y.

You have created two buttons x and y .

Select the button x properties in the layout tab.

seelct onAction Property click leftcorner(button after go) button , opens a New Action Form.

create an Action name onActionX ,in the form below you can find a dropdown select Fireplug, Select your outbound plug where you want to navigate.

repeat the above steps for the second button also.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swathi,

You cannot navigate to different views from one outbound plug. You need to have two outbound plugs for your scenario and call the plug accordingly as to which button is clicked. Raju has explained that.

• Exactly one navigation link can originate from one outbound plug whereas an inbound plug can be controlled by several outbound plugs

Thanks & Regards,

Vijith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks nagaraju for a very detailed answer and thanks to everybody for helping me solve this problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You should create one in-out plug for navigate oneview to another. I think one operation to be happend one time.

Based on that u can add in-out plugs.

Thanks

Lohi.