cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compentization Tutorial 38

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys, please help me out

I'm trying to understand componentization concept by downloading tutorial 38 (38TutWD_Componentization.zip) andthe Readme document describes how to import the local Web Dynpro DCs (contained in the above ZIP file) into the SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio.

In the Readme file, it says that one would extract files into c:\Document and Settings\<user name>\.dtc.\...Well, I have done it !!!!

1) Now in first page of the Readme file (PDF format) at point 2e, 2f it says you have to build all DC'S whose name starts with cd355/comp.. Well I tried to build it and had the following errors :

27-Sep-2006 2:32:09 PM /userOut/Development Component (com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.listener.DevConfListener) [Thread[ModalContext,5,main]] ERROR: cd355/comp/simple/main_final: Build failed for sap.com/cd355/comp/simple/main_final(MyComponents) in variant "default":

Ant build finished with ERRORS

file:C:/Documents and Settings/silverralph/.dtc/LocalDevelopment/DCs/sap.com/cd355/comp/simple/main_final/_comp/gen/default/logs/build.xml:63: Unable to find a javac compiler;

com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not on the classpath.

Perhaps JAVA_HOME does not point to the JDK

Do u guys have any idea???

2) Even with error mentionned above, I was able to complete exercise 1 and now I have trouble with with exercise 2 when trying to select in the Web Dynpro Explorer the local Web Dynpro DC with name

LocalDevelopmentcd355compadvmaster~sap.com.

What happened is that there are no CustomerUIComponent defined nor OrdersUIComponent. What I remarked in Data Modeler of MasterComp are CustomerUIComponent<Error Missing Component> and OrdersUIComponent<Error Missing Component>.

I tried also to embed ModelComponent by Browse button in New Component Usage window, but there is no Model Component available..What happened?? Did i miss something???

I'using SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio, Version: 2.0.13

Build id: 200507190119, j2re1.4.2_08

Please help guys and thanks a lot in advance

Ralph

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hallo Ralph,

I developed the Local WD DCs illustrating WD Componentization in a NW 04 SP14 context. Which Developer Workplace Version do you have?

Probably you have to perform a Repair-Operation on all DCs before building them.

Regards, Bertram

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using NW 04 SP13. How do you perform a Repair Operation ??

Thanks

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph,

After having imported the new Local WD DCs as projects you select the Web Dynpro Explorer. The context menu of every Web Dynpro DC/Project node (root node of a projet) provides an item Repair -> Project Structure and Classpath.

I'm not sure whether this operation also works in a downport situation, as you try to migrate projects from SP14 to SP14.

The best solution would be to upgrade your environment to NW 04 SP14.

Regards, Bertram

Former Member
0 Kudos

(this is a pretty old thread but I have similar problems)

I'm on NWDS 7.0 SP 12 and I can't even perform step 2b of the installation instructions (Importing the local Web Dynpro DCs). I have the "Development Configurations" perspective open and I'm looking at the "Local DCs" view and I do not see a node called (Local Development"|"My Components"). I've tried both login on and logging off the NWDI server and this node does not appear.

Note that I've already created an experimental track in NWDI, the configuration, activated and released a Webdynpro. I have to look at this tutorial because I find that the "how to" guide "Getting started with NWDI.pdf" stops short of actually showing you how to run and test a Webydnpro application after you have released.

Thanks,-tom